Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with Display

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FletchPlayer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Problems with Display Reply with quote

Hello folks, new pa4x user here, i mainly do professional theater music and i've found PA4X just perfect for my needs,

i have always been experimenting with the settings and just before last show i have noticed a difference about Display "light" so to say.
Doesn't matter if i put my brightness to 0 or 50 or max, i can see screen overlapping, text mixing into each other, even on startup there is no just pure Black screen with KORG on it, instead i can see style name, kbd set, etc..

Sometimes even two style names are visible so they blend into each other. I cant do factory reset as i have ongoing projects and even backup doesn't back all mp3s to the stick so i have to ask here first, if its a common problem, if its fixable or just my keyboard display gone bad. I am pretty sure it was different when i bought it (new)

Picture also coming up! (pic1 the starting screen and pic2 shows kbd set overlapping)
thanks in advance

https://ibb.co/dLbXBHw
https://ibb.co/nrPD45Y
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like you left it on at the same screen for a long period of time (most probably you have auto shutdown set to off) and as a result you got an lcd burn.
It is common on all lcd screens when a static image is being displayed for too long.
It will return to closer to original if you change screens fast (demo , global, style and any screen that is different so the colors to change (pixels to move)) for an hour+
There is a chance it will return to almost 100% but not that high.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: