Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa900 Factory Restore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Pa900 Factory Restore Reply with quote

A while back I posted about a problem I was having with a noise emanating from my KORG Pa900. I am still dealing with this issue, and while 'troubleshooting' I found that the 'noise' would come from different sources. Sometimes it would come from the Standard drum set in ​a Factory style,​ or​ sometimes from the Percussion set in​ a Factory style​,​ which led me to think it might be a 'cymbal' sound that somehow got corrupted. HOWEVER, the noise is also quite prevalent in the Factory 'FIDDLE' voice, both in the Auto Accom of the Factory 'Zydeco' style, and when played as a ​​solo voice in the right hand. HOWEVER (#2), when played as a solo voice, the noise occurs in the upper register, not when played an octave or two lower. So, once again, I think that a certain 'audio frequency' (if that is the correct terminology ) ​is at fault.

​Unless any of you has another suggestion, ​I feel that I need to do a Full Factory Reset and then test the sounds to see if the reset cures the problem. If so, I would then Load my User stuff, test the sounds again to see if the problem reoccurs.

I would like confirmation that performing the following steps is the proper approach to attempting to eliminate the problem and get the KB back to what the Factory style settings and User data look like now.

Full Resource Backup (onto a USB or the KB DISC ?)
https://app.box.com/s/hp0wd7ciytdasg7hc84329atbkfugm6v

Factory Restore (Then check the sounds to see if the problem has been eliminated.)

Resource Restore (restoring the USER data with the Backup I created above.)
https://app.box.com/s/slfi9ndwob8ysmynqptetkrs1z4zrv9d

Thanks again for any help you can provide.
tony
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be 100% sure you have to do the backup of your data (both as SET and Full resource backup), then download the PA900_Factory_reset pkg which will restore it to how it left the factory , then test it without loading anything.
If it is ok then first reload the SET and test again.If everything is ok and your set is as it was , leave it as is.If it works and your set is not as it was , load the BKP and test it again.
IF it is ok then all good, if not, some file/s in the bkp are corruct so continue using your SET instead of BKP.If it works as it was on factory but doens't work when loading your set and BKP then you set has some issue and you have to figure out where it is or start from scratch.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pa900 has been checked by a service tech and found to need a main board. KORG USA tells me the main board has been discontinued and they have none in stock. They advised me to look on line and it seems the only possible availability is in Romania or Russia.
They also suggested trying to call various KORG certified service centers to see if any might be available.
I am quite disappointed in KORG for discontinuing the main board for the Pa900 and not having any available, and further for not really giving any customer assistance in obtaining one.

I have no desire to learn a new OS, so it looks like I will probably be in the market for a Pa1000.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they say MAIN board or CPU board?
The main board is 90% fixable if that is the case...
Cpu board on the other hand most probably not..

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The service tech said he is 90+% sure it is the main board.
If it IS repairable, who would do that?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately i don't know anybody in US but i have repaired 3 mainboards of the new series here.
We are way too far away to seem logical from a cost point of view to send it overseas if you are in USA..
The schematics are available in the service manual as far as i know for the mainboard (not for the cpu board)

tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your time and interest.
Stay well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: