Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are those "over 702 voices"?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
au22ru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Where are those "over 702 voices"? Reply with quote

Hi guys, first time here

Bought this nice EK-50 yesterday and now in frustration:
I can reach 176 voices via Keyboard Set button, but where are those "over 702 voices" which I bought?

Where are the Bells? Brass? How can I apply them to the Style I chose and save in the memory bank?

Shocked
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Voice Name List shows 176 Keyboard Sets. The "over 702 voices" referred to, is probably indicative of the list of 744 so-called Sounds.

In Style mode, to change the sound of one of the four parts, press the part button for the part you want to change while holding down the [SHIFT] button (the part button will blink). and the sound name will blink on the display. It should now be possible to choose from the 744 Sounds.

The EK50 Owner's Manual, on page 17, details how to do saves of your changes.

Backpool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - The instructions are in the manual to select the individual sounds for all upper 1/2/3/ and lower sound parts ....
I think you can ONLY change upper and lower sounds to use these in the sounds you actually play with the keys themselves.
This board is NOT an arranger so on-bard styles can not be changed - well as far as I am aware.
You can of course adjust drum and other style part volumes or mute them if you wish then save these settings to your set lists.

The voice/sound lists are all numbered in the manual so you simply tap in the sound number you want to select on the keypad or use the dial.

I have put together a 'simple' single page guide which might help with this and other functions.... It's far from perfect but does save reading the manual in detail for some of the easy stuff

see below - Regards - Keith

EK 50 – Basic Functions Info. Sheet - Download official user PDF manual or see ‘quick guide’ ( supplied with keyboard ) for more details

Styles > Press Style button, select using dial or number pad. Category button moves you between style Genres available (see list printed on keyboard). Hold shift and press ‘Style’ button for a basic ‘song book’ list type function, (sets the keyboard for each song) Select one of these using the dial. Keyboard Sets > Press to see list, then use dial or keypad to select choices. The category button moves you +/- from one group to another (see list printed on keyboard) Hold shift and press ‘keyboard set’ button to automatically assign an STS (Single Touch Setting) for each. This changes as you select different sets.Tempo > Hold shift and use dial +/- to adjust style speed up or down.Metronome Volume > Hold metronome button, then use dial to adjust. Tempo Lock > Hold shift and press ‘Tap tempo’’ button Changing the sound of parts > Hold shift, press individual part button, adjust with dial to change the sounds, press shift to exit. With one part button ‘on’ and another ‘off’ it is possible to ‘toggle’ the two on and off[/b]. Ensemble> Adds harmony from chords in use to your right hand melody. Change Octave > +/- Hold shift, use transpose for whole keyboard. For Individual voice part octave change, hold shift, press individual part then press transpose +/- Setting Effects > Hold shift and press settings button. Use category button to ‘toggle’ between setting ‘one’ or ‘two’ (2 settings available) use the dial to select an option. Turning the dial whilst holding part button sets the send level. Press shift to exit EQ > Press ‘Speaker EQ’ to scroll through options. Holding shift + EQ mutes speakers. Variation / Intro ending > Each button has 2 functions – Lit Green = function 1 Lit Red = function 2. SPLIT> Simply hold ‘Split’ button and press a key to set range L/R. Balance/vol > Press and hold ‘Keyboard set’ button and adjust dial for total voice parts. Style button does this for all accompaniment parts. To change an individual part/acc, volume, hold the individual part button down and simply adjust +/- with the dial. Saving your keyboard settings to a bank > Hold the bank button whilst pressing one of the set lists buttons ( 1-4 ) Saves your different keyboard settings to each. The bank button contains 10 banks of 4 sets ( A to J ) Press it to advance. Holding ‘shift’ steps it backward J to A. (The bank your currently in, A to J is displayed on the screen). Back up these to a USB (see ref manual) and re-load, meaning it is possible to save the 40 sets to individual USBs. You can compile a manual/word doc. list of the A-J contents for each. Recording > Press ‘record’ button to light red and then start/stop using the style control buttons which are dual function (see recording control symbols below each button) Demo > Holding shift, press ‘Song’ button, use dial to select a song. Press shift to exit.

NOTE …..THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL KORG DOCUMENT – PRODUCED BY AN EK USER AS A QUICK SIMPLE REF.SHEET TO MAYBE HELP OTHERS, IT MIGHT NOT BE ACCURATE AND SHOULD BE READ AS A ‘GUIDE ONLY’ FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES.
Mitzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are SET LIST sounds and there are SOUNDS (accessible by holding down either UPPER1/2/3 or LOWER buttons in-conjuction with SHIFT). -You'll notice the designated numbers go much higher than in SET LIST mode
au22ru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your explanations, appreciate

The thing is... my missus plays live and due to the nature of the band (bilingual, mixing songs from different cultures) changes Sounds on the fly
Pretty easy to do so on PSR E series but on EK50 this takes few more buttons

On Saturday decided to take it back to the shop with regrets...

Monday came with solution to store additional sounds in Upper2 and 3 plus giving some songs 2 and sometimes 3 banks of memory

Keeping this Korg! Yey!
She's the musician, but I'm happier than her :]

The only loss so far is missing Arpeggiator :[
Backpool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save your voice changes into banks A to J - easy and back up to a USB
These should give you enough for a gig ( with the 40 memory slots )

Even if you have to use a full set of banks for each set in your gig - you can re load a different set of banks in seconds from another USB

This is really the only pain - very little memory and you cant select individual sets to load from a usb - you just get one hit with one lot of data...end of

But yes... this board is the dogs for the money

Tip.... keep the usb inserted for the set lists your currently using and If you make changes/tweaks on the fly . Simply save these again in your set lists and back up to overwrite/re-save the original you had on the USB ....works a treat and is just so simple.

Keith
Elsensee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip.... keep the usb inserted for the set lists your currently using and If you make changes/tweaks on the fly . Simply save these again in your set lists and back up to overwrite/re-save the original you had on the USB ....works a treat and is just so simple.

That's exact the way I use my EK-50, while I only play at home, time is not a factor.

(much more I look for differences to the EK-50 Limitless, are the 64 Music Styles open?) (it seems to be no, instead of you have to pay app. 120 € for to get some styles, application software a s o)
TonyL09

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New to forum.

I get my EK50 tomorrow and I'm sure the info in this thread will be very useful. Thanks to all.

Tony
Garysog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's REALLY useful is turn on your new keyboard, open the .pdf manual and try all the settings as you go through the manual. There are gems in there you'd never expect your keyboard could do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: