Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Nubass out of tune until it 'warms up'. Normal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timcorin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject: Volca Nubass out of tune until it 'warms up'. Normal? Reply with quote

I have started to notice weird behaviour with the tuning of my Volca Nubass (not sure why i never noticed it).

When it is first turned on after being off overnight, it is out of tune by what sounds like + .5 of semitone. What is weirder, is that as I play up and down the octaves (using an arturia key step) the tuning changes. ie 'C' at 3 different octaves are all slightly out of tune in different amounts. It is as if a key tracking is not being applied properly to pitch.

If after a while i turn it off and then back on again, everything rights itself and it goes perfectly in tune.

Wondering if this is normal behaviour and that the 'tube' needs to heat up or something, or perhaps a fault. OR perhaps user error...

Thanks
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called analog synth, it needs time to warm up and changing in temperature will effect the tuning. Generally a lot of synth have a calivration when you switch them on. I suggest to always wait at least 20/30 min before you use your synth, I generally switch on wait 30 mins and switch off and on again.
Also I'm not sure if you can spot the slightly out of tune by ear, if not why bother?
blipperjones

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: Nubass going out of tune Reply with quote

Mines exactly the same -in fact I’m on my second nubass as the first was even worse so I got an exchange and have the same problem with the new one .

I have left it for 30 mins as the other guy suggested but no improvement.play it along side a Volca fm and it’s even more evident of being out of tune . I have been onto korg and all they suggest if reinstalling the new firmware again???? That didn’t work . I think there is a batch of them that may be defective .

I tweeted a video of it on Friday and korg came back and said they will somehow sort it and look into it but it’s unusable at the moment
blipperjones

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Nubass going out of tune Reply with quote

Mines exactly the same -in fact I’m on my second nubass as the first was even worse so I got an exchange and have the same problem with the new one .

I have left it for 30 mins as the other guy suggested but no improvement.play it along side a Volca fm and it’s even more evident of being out of tune . I have been onto korg and all they suggest if reinstalling the new firmware again???? That didn’t work . I think there is a batch of them that may be defective .

I tweeted a video of it on Friday and korg came back and said they will somehow sort it and look into it but it’s unusable at the moment
knobfun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any resolution to this...? I just got a Nubass (brand new), and it seems terribly out of tune (yes, discernible by ear)... Haven't tried leaving it on for an hour, or updating the O.S. yet...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: