Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valve force -> Final | no Digital Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrzysiekK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Valve force -> Final | no Digital Out Reply with quote

Hello,

I just noticed the thing, which is logical but might confuse someone at the first sight (maybe it is already explained somewhere, don't know). When Digital Output is used, Valve force is working as insert only. This is because only then the signal is routed back to digital domain; in case of "Final" placement, the tube signal is put directly to analog outputs.

Krzysiek
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve force -> Final | no Digital Out Reply with quote

KrzysiekK wrote:
I just noticed the thing, which is logical but might confuse someone at the first sight (maybe it is already explained somewhere, don't know). When Digital Output is used, Valve force is working as insert only. This is because only then the signal is routed back to digital domain; in case of "Final" placement, the tube signal is put directly to analog outputs.
Krzysiek

shrike wrote:
You can’t use Valve Force on the S/P DIF output, which
is processed in digital form, nor when resampling with
L/R selected as the Source BUS.

Yes this is an unfortunate aspect of the Valve Force slap-on design I have confirmed while recording a sequence playback to SD card (=resampling with L/R selected as the Source BUS). What you hear in headphones or L/R outputs is not what you get in the recording. Valve Force is bypassed on record.

BUT, there is a workaround. You can record Valve Force to SD card resampling with L/R selected as the Source BUS IF you change Valve Force Placement from Final to Insert (Use 3/4 BUS). You can keep IFX and MFX ordering as-is. The unavoidable difference will be that Valve Force is placed before MFX, not after.

From Insert Effect menu, Routing 1-8/9-16 tabs, modify all IFX/Indiv.Out BUS Select with L/R to 3/4. In Insert FX tab, modify all BUS Sel with L/R to 3/4. From Master Effect menu, Valve Force tab, set Valve Force Placement to Insert (Use 3/4 BUS), Pan C064, Bus Sel L/R, and Send 1 and Send 2 to whatever numeric values you used in the IFX now routed to 3/4.

With these settings, what you hear in headphones or L/R outputs WILL be what you get in the SD card recording (and in the S/P DIF output also). As confirmation during resampling recording, you can you turn Valve Force on and off, and you will see the recording levels jump up and down accordingly.
BrysonPrice

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve force -> Final | no Digital Out Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
KrzysiekK wrote:
Krzysiek

shrike wrote:
You can’t use Valve Force on the S/P DIF output, which
is processed in digital form, nor when resampling with
L/R selected as the Source BUS.

Yes this is an unfortunate aspect of the Valve Force slap-on design I have confirmed while recording a sequence playback to SD card (=resampling with L/R selected as the Source BUS). What you hear in headphones or L/R outputs is not what you get in the recording. Valve Force is bypassed on record.

BUT, there is a workaround. You can record Valve Force to SD card resampling with L/R selected as the Source BUS IF you change Valve Force Placement from Final to Insert (Use 3/4 BUS). You can keep IFX and MFX ordering as-is. The unavoidable difference will be that Valve Force is placed before MFX, not after.

From Insert Effect menu, Routing 1-8/9-16 tabs, modify all IFX/Indiv.Out BUS Select with L/R to 3/4. In Insert FX tab, modify all BUS Sel with L/R to 3/4. From Master Effect menu, Valve Force tab, set Valve Force Placement to Insert (Use 3/4 BUS), Pan C064, Bus Sel L/R, and Send 1 and Send 2 to whatever numeric values you used in the IFX now routed to 3/4.

With these settings, what you hear in headphones or L/R outputs WILL be what you get in the SD card recording (and in the S/P DIF output also). As confirmation during resampling recording, you can you turn Valve Force on and off, and you will see the recording levels jump up and down accordingly.

wow man! just saw that you're in Dallas TX. I'd love to connect with you, I'm here too Very Happy shoot me an email brysonpricemusic @ gmail . com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: