Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prologue 8 arpeggiator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moontom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Prologue 8 arpeggiator Reply with quote

I'm looking for a synth with an arpeggiator like the Microkorg, where it's easy to adjust the last step to create polyrhythm, mayhem, etc.

I can't tell from looking at front panel (or a quick scan of the manual) if this Pro 8 works like that. I don't think the minilogue xd does. are there others in the Korg synth lineup that do this?

thanks in advance
TM
modular1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold down 3 keys and an arpeggiator will loop in 3s. Hold down 5 keys and an arpeggiator will loop in 5 notes.

You are confusing how an arpeggiator operates with how a step sequencer operates. They are not the same thing. The Prologue has an arpeggiator and not a step sequencer.

It's easy to create what you call a poly rhythm with an arpeggiator on any synth that has one. Its how many keys you hold down that creates the amount of steps in your pattern. The monologue XD has a step sequencer. I used to have a Monologue which also had a step sequencer and you could definitely choose how many steps (up to 16 only) that the sequencer used. I would assume the Monologue XD would too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: