Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discounts for Korg PA-Manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bad_santa

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty shure, since Pa Manager v3.2 deliver support for PA700/PA1000/Pa4X, there are appropriate 8 velocity layers available.))

You will always need the instrument for adjusting or editing your sets because of audition of sounds and styles, but the trick is to use both possibilities - the PC Manager AND the instrument to use the Korg Pa to its full potential))))
Some operations are faster to manage on PC, other operations are only possible directly on the instrumet (primerly because of audition!)

Korg has unfortunately very bad file structure and big limitations to work with user voices and user samples. If you want to load only 1 style with user voices/samples, you are forced to load the whole RAM set or manually search the appropriate voices, samples and by no free slots to reorganize your set structure ((((

The old free editors for PA2X are no more usable due to change the set formats ((

So unfortunately the Pa Manager is on the time the only possibility for the efficient work with Korg PA's, unless you use only factory content without further editing and are happy with it))))
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Merging sets containing user-sounds/-drumkits Reply with quote

bad_santa wrote:
... but the trick is to use both possibilities - the PC Manager AND the instrument to use the Korg Pa to its full potential ..

I agree - and this is always the case when you can choose the best properties from all available tools. This also applies to Pa-internal functions and there have been controversies regarding the use of songbook and/or autoselect performance - but that's another story.
bad_santa wrote:
.. Korg has unfortunately very bad file structure ..

OK, Korgs file structure is not made to simple drag and drop as you know to from windows. It is a shame that file-formats are not published by Korg. So one could not write its own software to manage the pa-files just as comfortably with drag and drop and at least to built loadable Pa-files with them. It is not difficult to write appropriate conversion software, but it tooks a bit of time to analyze the different formats (I did for styles and noticed there are files with different variable length depending on model/versions to be considered etc..)
bad_santa wrote:
.. big limitations to work with user voices and user samples ..

Maybe that would be limitations to work with user samples if Pa-keyboards would be Synthesizers oder Workstations. But Pa-Keyboards are Arrangerkeyboards and each user-sample you want to play first must be resident in the internal memory - that is solved differently than in the Kronos and is conditioned hardware-historically .

If you want to work predominantly with user samples and extensive soundcreations, then arrangerkeyboards are not the right choice (not yet). That does not change by using external software for filemanagement. Maybe with a future generation of a PKA-keyboard (Professional Kronos Arranger) where characteristics from arranger and workstation are merged.

Today for occasional using of customer sounds or as a supplement to the factory sounds, the tools of the Pa keyboards in the field "Arrangerkeyboards" seems to be a lot better applicable than with similar competing products.
bad_santa wrote:
.. If you want to load only 1 style with user voices/samples, you are forced to load the whole RAM set or manually search the appropriate voices, samples and by no free slots to reorganize your set structure ..

I think the effort for loading one style with user-samples / user-multisamples / user-pcgs unfortunately is not as overly complicated and expensive as published - but that really is is not after one tried and has done it successfully.

It is only important that there is enough space in the internal memory for the user-samples of the style. Users does not have to worry about reorganization of the internal PCM memory, but finally only to the assignment of the user sounds / -DrumKits to the style tracks as soon as loaded.

You open the set sound-libraries (UserDk1-2.pcg,User01-04.pcg) of the set containing your style and single-load each user-sound / -drumkit this style uses. These are a few user sounds / -drumKits (maximum eight). Merging of user samples / multisamples is performed automatically by the Pa system.

Then you load the style and correct the assignment of the style tracks with user-sounds / -DrumKits you now can find located in your internal memory - but this final step really is not a big deal.
Thus, for one or some few styles, the effort should not be greater than to prepare the sets in the PC, because in a first step for new styles is needed to be directly in the Pa-keyboard for listening - that is important to decide whether it should or should not be finally mixed with the current set. If the style qualifies with its usersamples - in this case, the work is already done in the pa-keyboard, no pc-sw necessary to merge some few styles with user-sounds. In other case it is simple to clean internal PCM area from unused samples.
After being able to well handle the on-board tools of the Pa-keyboards and understanding how to merge sets with user samples - I am not so enthusiastic about characteristics and advantages of the Pa-manager as users may be that have troubles using built-in features.
bad_santa wrote:
.. unfortunately the Pa Manager is on the time the only possibility for the efficient work with Korg PA's, unless you use only factory content without further editing and are happy with it ..

Of course I would expect PC software from Korg - even without elaborate graphics but functional - in order to accomplish the file management a little bit easier and more comfortable on the PC. But for such wishes Korg obviously has two deaf ears!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Barberry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they still offering discounts? There are too many sites that want to scam you and they are putting up insane prices reductions when in reality, that's the real value of the product. I've talked with a friend about this matter and he had told me that this works because people think that they've got a good deal and it's all psychological. I must admit that I'm looking for sites like Payday Deals Australia where the deals are actually real because I've got scammed once and I don't want it to happen again. I have to be really careful when I'm buying something online
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: