Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K-array built-in speakers or external amp/PA?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthieutje

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject: K-array built-in speakers or external amp/PA? Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm considering buying the sv2s with built in speakers. K-array (the company behind the technology) answered me by email that they really pushed the sound to another level in comparison to similar pianos. But nothing really more than that.

I fear to buy something online and be disappointed by the K-array sound if the speakers sound like a cheap add-on.

What is your opinion, from those who bought it or tried it out? Worth paying the extra money? Or best to buy the SV2 without the speakers and buy an keybord amp?

Matt
matthieutje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: Feedback on the SV2S sound Reply with quote

Hi,
Just to let you my review on the sound of the SV2S with built-in speakers.
The sound is really amazing for the size of the speakers. K-array did a great job again! Bass are well respected and it's very harmonious. The technology to use a radiator to get a better sound has no comparison with what you could get on many other digital piano. Same size, but completely different sound.

Of course, don't expect powerful speakers Smile

You could play with a guitar and a soft percussion in your living room without any problem. But it would definitely be impossible to play with a loud drum... A drum with someone who can play softly, at home, could work.

Good extra point: you can easily turn the speakers on and off, and plug the SV2S to a PA system / amp if you need to.

For the extra money Korg charges for these built-in speakers, it's a definitely a good bargain IMHO.

So if you plan to buy it, but like me, you can't really try it in your local music shop because they don't have it in the showroom: go trustfully Smile

All the best!
Matt
cl516

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Provided that a buyer receives a great working unit with no speaker rattling, I think that the SV-2S sounds fantastic with the onboard K-Array speakers! Loading up a Wurly patch, it really just feels like firing up the 200A and hearing those onboard speakers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: