Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latched instruments not latching

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Latched instruments not latching Reply with quote

Hi again
Can anyone tell me why, on some combi's even if the latch button does light up, the sounds don't latch?

On my board I've got Int A 125 Soft Brass and Clarinet and I love the soft mellow tones of the clarinet. When I press the 'LATCH' button it lights but the sounds stop the instant I remove my finger. I've tried just about every variable on every page but still can't see how to get the instruments to continue sounding.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?
Thanks
Ross
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Kronos IA-125 isn't a horn sound at all.
The Latch button is for Karma. A sound that uses Karma will respond to the latch button. Otherwise, it would have no effect.

You can use the Osc [1&2] Hold button in the control surface for HD1 sounds.

Go to Control Surface, then Tone Adjust.

There are many controls and they are all assignable. If you don't already see Osc [1&2] Hold, then chose an unused control or redefine an exsiting one.
Turning it on will have any keys played continue to play until you,
turn Hold off, Hit the compare button, Or have a way to turn the sound off that timber like assigning it to the Vector Joy Stick.

BTW all the tone adjust controls are available on the panel buttons when you have Tone Adjust button on.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds right, about latch being set up for Karma.
If there isn’t a latch enable switch in the timbre/track parameters, there will be one in Global mode, but sounds like maybe global disable of latch is not your problem.
Either way, it is good to know that “Latch enable” settings are what to look for, perhaps even latch enable settings in Karma as well.
Global mode, timbre/track parameters and Karma are places to look for possible latch enable features.

I don’t have Kronos with me right now, to look for myself, but i just had to use Latch Enable a few days ago with Korg triton extreme Global mode settings. Enable Arpeggiator -since Triton series never had Karma or drum track.
Anyway, almost all of Triton extreme features are carried over into Kronos.
I first learned to use Pattern RPPR on Triton Extreme and then got Kronos.
Had a very easy learning curve on Kronos because Triton extreme already got me more than half way there. Kronos mostly expands+improves greatly upon features triton extreme had.
KingKronos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Latched instruments not latching Reply with quote

rossb wrote:
Hi again
I've tried just about every variable on every page but still can't see how to get the instruments to continue sounding.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?
Thanks
Ross

The most effective way is to use a sustain pedal.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Karma latch switch to have an effect, go to the Karma | Trigger tab, where it is possible to set the latch status. It is set to Off for Karma modules A and B in this particular Combi. The effect of Karma is quite subtle in the Combi in question.

rossb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:01 am    Post subject: Latched instruments not latching Reply with quote

Hi guys and thanks for your replies but...
Let's look at another Combi Int A 047 Moving on the Edge
I get to the Karma Trigger page and I see Note, Emv 1,2 and 3 and Module Trigger.
The Note Trigger latch on module A is AKR and ON. The sound latches and stays on. Great!!
But when I Switch Note Trigger latch to ON for Module B none of the 3 instruments latch.

What am I missing?????
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Latched instruments not latching Reply with quote

rossb wrote:
Hi guys and thanks for your replies but...
Let's look at another Combi Int A 047 Moving on the Edge
I get to the Karma Trigger page and I see Note, Emv 1,2 and 3 and Module Trigger.
The Note Trigger latch on module A is AKR and ON. The sound latches and stays on. Great!!
But when I Switch Note Trigger latch to ON for Module B none of the 3 instruments latch.

What am I missing?????

Looking at this combi, when you call it up, Modules B and C are turned off with the Run Switches on the KARMA GE page.
Module B already has Latch setting on in the KARMA Trigger Page.
If you turn Module B on (Run), and then turn on the Latch switch, both modules A and B latch.
If you turn Module C on (Run), and then set the Latch setting to On for Module C, it will also Latch.

Unless you mean something else?

rossb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject: Latched instruments not latching Reply with quote

Hi Stephen
Thanks for responding. When I read your suggestion I checked and on my board the RUN button for Mod's A,B and C are greyed out. And I can't find any button that enables them.

I have solved my immediate problem for activating the Solo buttons for all Mod's simultaneously but that's probably not the most efficient way of doing it.
How do I un-grey the RUN buttons?
Thanks
Ross
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Latched instruments not latching Reply with quote

rossb wrote:
Hi Stephen
Thanks for responding. When I read your suggestion I checked and on my board the RUN button for Mod's A,B and C are greyed out. And I can't find any button that enables them.

I have solved my immediate problem for activating the Solo buttons for all Mod's simultaneously but that's probably not the most efficient way of doing it.
How do I un-grey the RUN buttons?

I'm sorry, I wasn't so clear with my first post. I was referring to the 8 switches at the bottom of the page, where switches 1,2,3 are assigned to Module Run A/B/C - not the Run checkboxes at the top.

You don't necessarily want to un-grey the Run parameters.

When a parameter is grayed out, it means it is assigned to the KARMA Realtime Control surface. That means you go to page 0-6 KARMA GE. That's the main page, second row of tabs from the bottom - KARMA GE.

Here you will see 8 switches and 8 sliders assigned to various KARMA Parameters. In this Combi, switches 1,2,3 (in the Master Layer 'M') are assigned to the Module Run settings. You should be able to see that the first three switches are named "Module Run [A]" etc.

These 8 switches and sliders can be controlled by the Control Surface when the RT Knobs/KARMA switch is on. Then, you can use the second row of 8 buttons on the control surface to control those 8 switches on the screen during a performance. Turn on buttons 2 and 3 to turn on Modules B and C. Or just do it from the screen.

The place where these parameters are actually assigned is Page 7-6 Performance Realtime Parameters. That's the KARMA tab in the bottom row, then the Perf RTP tab. Here you will see the first 3 assignments are Mix/Run for Modules A/B/C. If you turn these off, by setting the Group to "Off", the Run parameters will no longer be greyed out on the KARMA GE page. But then they will also be disconnected from the Control Surface or the 8 switches on the screen.

rossb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Latched instruments not latching Reply with quote

Hi Stephen
Many many thanks for this reply. It now makes perfect sense and I can do what I needed to do.
Thanks again.
Ross
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: