Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songbook Midi Messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonk

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Songbook Midi Messages Reply with quote

I am building a foot controller to control Korg Styles while playing Guitar
I am using an Ardiino and it works well. My question is does a PA600 send out Midi Songbook commands when a song is loaded. I would like for my tablet which is running MobileSheetsPro to load song through the USB midi port, then hopefully read information about the song through the korg's midi out port.

Documentation on this is scarce.

regards.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Songbook Midi Messages Reply with quote

Jonk wrote:
I am building a foot controller to control Korg Styles while playing Guitar
I am using an Ardiino and it works well. My question is does a PA600 send out Midi Songbook commands when a song is loaded. I would like for my tablet which is running MobileSheetsPro to load song through the USB midi port, then hopefully read information about the song through the korg's midi out port.

Documentation on this is scarce.

If you are able to build a foot controller and use Arduino for MIDI control I am surprised that you have problems with the Pa600 manual.

I would rather have problems writing suitable sketches for Arduino - I would be happy if you would share them with me (if that's possible, I'll send you my mail address by PM) .
For your purposes you can find all informations about Midi message that Pa-Keyboards will send on a Midi Out channel assigned to "Control" when a songbook entry is selected, respectively what kind of Midi message (NRPN) Pa-Keyboard need to receive via Midi In control channel for remotely selecting songbook entries.

Manual Pa600:
p 248 - chapter MIDI In Channels - Control: On this special channel, the Pa600 receives MIDI messages to remotely select Styles, Performances,
STS, Style Elements and SongBook Entries. See tables on page 405 and following for more information on the received data.
p 248 - chapter MIDI Out Channels - Control: On this special channel, the Pa600 sends messages corresponding to the selected SongBook Entry.
p 273 - chapter Selecting SongBook Entries via MIDI (initialize CC#99+98 --> NRPN MSB = 2, NRPN LSB = 64, DataEntry MSB = th [thousands, hundreds], DataEntry LSB = xy [tens, units]). Example to select entry 3964 send following Midi-Message: NRPN MSB = 2 + NRPN LSB = 64 + DataEntry MSB = 39 + DataEntry LSB = 64

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: