Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Wavestation 1 Display issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clandestine Monarchy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Korg Wavestation 1 Display issue Reply with quote

I own a Korg Wavestation, the first model. Since I bought it, the backlight of the screen has been broken but I had no issues with that as I use a desk light to shine on the display thus making it readable.

Since recently however the contrast of the screen has gone so low that I can't read it any longer.

I would like to replace the screen entirely but when searching for replacements I only find examples of the Wavestation A/D's screen being replaced. Are there replacement screens available for the original Wavestation? If yes, where?

thanks!!
ursuss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Wavestation LCD Bklight is off?you can replace the EL bkligt Reply with quote

Hello it's simply to do it , you can find the EL backlight here :

sales@backlight4you.com

just specify the qty. and that's for a KORG Wavestation AD. for a small price of 28,89 € . browse to "www.backlight4you.com" than look for the. replace instructions on that site itself. you just need to cut the new EL light with a scissor to a proper size (but maybe not necessary) then insert it in between the broken one and the LCD (there's some space) cut thwo small flat terminals and solder the new ones. that's all. good luck!

ps. about the chance to replace the entire LCD .... buy a new synth ... easier and cheaper. but maybe yo get in trouble with the small pot for contrast settings, you can easily disassembly cleaning it and solder back getting the metal bracket tighter so the rotating part together with sliding contact will not get loose from the resistive surface on the 9 Mohms pot. let me know if it helps.

ciao

Ursuss
ursuss

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, well there is a solution to replace entirely the LCD.
http://tellun.com/wavestation/wavestation.html
you buy a new lcd and link to the original connection with an adapter (just a simple rewiring) you may find a solution to the link above.

Ciao

Ursuss
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a bunch of replacement LCD screen for new and old korg synths: http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg/korg-touch-screens-lcds

I don't see the one for the Wavestation, but at least you can ask the guys at guitar-parts.com if they carry it, or might be able to point you out in the right direction.

Since I also own the first WS model, I would like to know of your findings. Is good to have that info, just in case.

Good luck

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
jhulk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go on ebay there is a a guy who sells efoils £5

they will fit the t series wavestation

the k2000

akai

i fitted 10 of these displays they are bright

it a quick job the only thing you have to do is cut out the old display

electrodes from there solder point

cut as close to the old efoil

as you are going to leave the old efoil in

then loop the wires from the efoil to the same solder pads as the old one

with some desolder braid and an iron clean the old solder pads of taking the left over electrodes from the efoil then loop the cable and solder to the pads

the existing efoil cable to the psu is still the same just plug it in fit the lcd back

about 1 hours work and £5 plu postage of £2.50

and you have a nice bright screen again for another 10-15 years

the wavestaion and the t series wine a bit while in the burning in phase of the efoil but the wine goes after a few days

dont know why but the k2000 and the k5000 and k5 dont do it
willgib

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a used Wavestation A/D and the backlight is alive, but the screen does not show up.
Sometimes the Korg logo appears momentarily at startup.
I suspect that the contrast may be low, and that there is not enough voltage to display the contrast properly.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Is it something that can be fixed by replacing the display?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: