Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Wavestate SE ; ETA and pricing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfish930

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Korg Wavestate SE ; ETA and pricing? Reply with quote

Hello fellow Korgians,

Can anyone advise of an ETA and pricing re. the upcoming Wavestate SE?

Thanks!

Jfish
peterk

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think korg know this information lol
LoboLives138

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterk wrote:
I don't even think korg know this information lol

That's a shame. Personally, I think Korg should have just gone with a desktop module option or 61 key full size synth option right out the gate with their new synths. As they are right now, it's a bit too cramped for "players" and a bit too cumbersome to use as a dedicated module.
jezar-01

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoboLives138 wrote:
I think Korg should have just gone with a desktop module option or 61 key full size synth option right out the gate with their new synths. As they are right now, it's a bit too cramped for "players" and a bit too cumbersome to use as a dedicated module.

Many would disagree - I know I do.

Wavestate's size/weight are absolutely perfect for my set-up here, and many others seem happy too.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jezar-01 wrote:
LoboLives138 wrote:
I think Korg should have just gone with a desktop module option or 61 key full size synth option right out the gate with their new synths. As they are right now, it's a bit too cramped for "players" and a bit too cumbersome to use as a dedicated module.

Wavestate's size/weight are absolutely perfect for my set-up here, and many others seem happy too.

But equally many would agree - I know I do. Smile

I brought the wavestate in the 3 octave form because I gave up waiting for a larger 61 key version, which got announced two months after I gave up waiting! So maybe I was too impatient.

I will be trading up when the SE is released.

Each to their own of course.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
mike3000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Korg Wavestate SE ; ETA and pricing? Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
jezar-01 wrote:
LoboLives138 wrote:

But equally many would agree - I know I do. Smile

I brought the wavestate in the 3 octave form because I gave up waiting for a larger 61 key version, which got announced two months after I gave up waiting! So maybe I was too impatient.

I will be trading up when the SE is released.

Each to their own of course.

Why not have both: the 61 key SE for home/studio use and the 37 key version for on-the-road/travel use, so you’re never without your Wavestate. Very Happy
mike3000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by mike3000 on Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
mike3000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Wavestate SE ; ETA and pricing? Reply with quote

jfish930 wrote:
Hello fellow Korgians,

Can anyone advise of an ETA and pricing re. the upcoming Wavestate SE?

Thanks!

Jfish

Yes Korg, when oh when? Surprised
mosspa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, there doesn't appear to be any real necessity for an integrated keyboard. I really don't see why all manufacturers provide desktop/rack mount versions of their engines. It may still be too early to tell how successful that venture was for ASM, but the fact that the Hydrasynth comes in a 48-key as well as desktop/rack mount version will hopefully set a trend for the Japanese manufacturers. To this day, rack mounting things remains the easiest way to conserve studio space. Even for gigging, I would prefer a rack to a 3-octave keyboard synth that I would otherwise need to mount somewhere. As it sits in my studio, the Wavestate is about 15' from my main controller keyboard (Kurzweil Pc3K8). I haven't found any real disadvantages of controlling it with the PC3, suggesting that it would work perfectly well as a rack mount.
Kurzweil PC3K8 (K2700 on order), Kronos 2 61, M3m, Wavestate, ASM Hydrasynth, Roland SE-02, Roland D-05, Kurzweil K2500RS, Modal Argon8M, Modal Cobalt8M, Waldorf Blofeld. Waldorf Pulse 2, Access Virus TI 61, Kawai K5000, 2x Kurzweil K2000S, about 75 VSTis, and over 12TB Kontakt libraries.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the resulting synth is too large to fit into a 19" rack, modularisation surgery has been performed on a Wavestate by someone already. It may seem a little insane to do this, perhaps, but judge for yourself :-)

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=124837

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: