Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impossible to update the firmware

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eusanties

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject: Impossible to update the firmware Reply with quote

It has been absolutely impossible for me to update to firmware 1.0.3, the Korg Opsix, on a Macbook pro m1, with Big Sur.

I have followed step by step the instructions in the pdf, the steps to follow, how to turn on the Korg connected via usb, with the three buttons, through USB Boot Mode, and selecting boot tools into the updater... Nothing... impossible. The problem is that the Opsix is as if it did not exist. The computer does not recognize it. It does not connect. And therefore, it cannot be updated.

I connect the USB cable through a hub, a good, expensive hub, sold by the same Apple store, for their computers, and that has not given me any problem to connect any instrument or function to the computer, until now, so I don't think that's the problem.

It seems to me not very serious, which somewhat discredits a great brand like Korg, that there is no human way possible to update the firmware, and, therefore, to be able to use the library.

I'm certainly not going to downgrade to Catalina.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do, or will Korg one day release an update that we who buy the synth in its firmware version 1.0.1 can use already having a Big Sur Mac computer?

I have recently updated in the same computer, with no problem, a Roland and a Yamaha synthesizers. (These were via USB pendrive, with the same hub).

Apart from all this, I have been testing the synth a bit at last, and it is wonderful, how it sounds ... And the possibilities it has. Very versatile. There are for years and years, in there.
edgraaff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the updater of yesterday (1.0.4) make a change? https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/874/4731/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: