Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with sampling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monsterfan2112

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:15 am    Post subject: Help with sampling Reply with quote

Hey, Everyone. I recently bought a Nautilus, primarily for live use (playing and triggering sequences), even though I am TERRIBLE with tech! (So, if you have no patience for the tech challenged, read no further, please.) I finally (after a couple of weeks) have resigned to use the Reaper DAW on my computer, then dump the sequences into the Nautilus, because I decided it looked easier than utilizing the sequencer functions and editing on the Korg. So I AM able to get sequences (and their performance presets) loaded and running.

Now I am attempting to use sampling mode to get sounds into it that I cannot easily re-create on the Nautilus itself. I was attempting to load in a sample of the famous "Tom Sawyer" bass envelope from the opening of Rush's famous song by loading my OBXD VST into Reaper, and can't (for the life of me) seem to get the sample saved into a program, to play on the keyboard. I have been fighting with it, and the manual for hours, and I guess I am too tech - challenged to figure it out. Seems incredibly complicated. I'm obviously missing something. Although, I am sure it would be second nature to many of you experienced users. (I'm an old bass player, for God's sake!)

Does anyone know if there is a source (online) to get tech help with newbie issues like this? I use a pay service for tech support on my DAW computer, and it is well worth it for an old man like myself! LOL Or if anyone knows this sampling process inside and out, I would appreciate any tips that might delay my descent into madness (or baldness, if I pull the rest of my hair out!).

Sincere thanks in advance!

Mark
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sampling mod is a complex process and contain more stages.
After edit the sampling in your DAW and save as audio file, please copy it on a USB media and load it in the RAM. To avoid any error, erase anything in the ram before load the audio file.
Create a new Multisample. Select your audio file on the correct key and set the range.
In the MENU bar will find the option to do the programs direct from Multisample.
Save Sampling Data. This option is not from sampling mod. Is a DISK option. Open Disk, open MENU bar(from upper right corner) and Save Sampling Data.

A new files and folders will be created with the name you choose for your sample.

After edit and save the sample will must to select it in the GLOBAL auto load.
Open GLOBAL, Ksc Auto Load, Browse and add your KSC file in autoload.
Restart the Nautilus.

I agree, is not very easy for a newbie so please write me a mail and will try to help you more.
monsterfan2112

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Dan, for both the info and your patience with my lack of knowledge. I will try these steps, as well as (once again) attempting to follow the manual and online video, and see where I end up.

One other issue I had (and the video seems to zip right past the details for this stuff), is how to assign the keys and range of the sample. Obviously, this will need to be a multi - sample (since it plays on 4 different notes during the song, and I want them all to have the same envelope rates, decay, etc... - which I assume would change if they were just transposed), so I would need to have four different samples, one assigned to each the E,G,A, and B keys in that lowest octave (E2 - B-2, I think), right? (On a Nautilus 61)

I played around with the key range and assign parameters available to me in the Sample mode, but is there another place I needed to do that operation (assigning sampled notes to keys)?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you understand well. You have to do 4 different sample for each note then will need to map it on multisample . Each sample on original Key to same Top key. If load only one sample, the lowest notes will be too longer so envelope will be different.

B.T.W. for Tom Sawer bass synth sound no need the sample. Can be do it in the AL-2 synth engine and sound more close then you expected. I also made it for KROSS factory pre-sets so is no problem to emulate it on Nautilus and will send the program after 20 July. I'm in holiday now Smile
All the best,
Dan
monsterfan2112

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sir!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: