Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Created: Korg Pa1000 Arranger Module

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject: Custom Created: Korg Pa1000 Arranger Module Reply with quote

Just discovered this on YouTube today.

Custom Made Korg Pa1000 Arranger Module

forall788 converted his Korg Pa1000 arr keyboard into an arranger module. It 'looks' very impressive. Cool

Curious how and where a remote 61/76/88 note midi controller keyboard connects to it. Via midi ports on the back or the multi-pin connector plugs on the bottom of the module?

Would love to see an arranger mode demo with this module & remote midi controller keyboard connected.

Scott
OldtimerBill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott ... I just came across a Youtube video on the Korg PA1000 Module. I came over here to see what I could learn about it and a quick search led me to your post. I don’t know if you are still curious or not but I found this video that shows how the Korg PA1000 Module integrates into a Roland A800 Pro.

https://youtu.be/Q7H_fXOHZjw
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea. Even if you didn't want to implement the direct connectors, it should work fine over a MIDI connection as well, at least assuming the PA1000 has a mode that allows an external MIDI keyboard to exactly duplicate the functionality of the internal one (most do, but it's not a given). I wonder what the module alone weighs? Though for me, a big part of the value of a PA1000 over a PA700 is the better action with aftertouch and the more capable samp/speakers... If I were going to buy a Korg arranger for the purpose of cannibalizing like this, losing those two features, I'd choose the PA700. (Not that the PA1000 doesn't have other advantages as well.)

The particular combination shown in the video wouldn't have much appeal to me, though. I'm not sure the Roland's action is any better than the Korg's action that is replacing, and he took out the Roland's top control surface, which arguably is one of the best things about that board. The only thing he's obviously gaining here is a place to put that other module... building some kind of bracket to place it over one of the PA1000's speakers would probably accomplish the same thing, far more easily and cheaply.

What really appeals to me about the idea would be to place the module over a 7x-key or 88-key action, without the weight/bulk/footprint of having to bring/place the entire PA above whatever you were using to control it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: