Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the PA5X?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatih89

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
Memory is not everything. You can have terabytes of sampling memory. If the programming capabilities are outdated as they are even on the newest Pa4x (incl. the latest update) you are handicapped as a sound programmer.

It's not about hating or loving a company or device. I owned almost every Korg Pa instrument since the Pa80 release and still do think that for live-situations the Pa series are great devices (I own a Pa3x and have access to a Pa4x). But I also can tell you that Korg hardly brought out any real innovation in the sound programing section. It is 2021 and you still can not even set an offset point for custom samples.
I programmed a lot of sounds with mostly custom samples on Pa keyboards and found out a lot of workarounds for specific problems I faced (e.g. weak portamento-implementation, weak monophonic mode etc.). The more I tried to figure out how to make the sounds more realistic and more fun (!) to play, the more I got dissatisfied.

Did I even mention that there is still no (official) PC software for creating and editing samples/sounds/performances(keybsets)/styles/pads etc.? It's not just weak, it's emberassing for a company like Korg not providing such software for their customers.

Finally I switched to virtual instruments programming - the possibilities are almost endless. Of course on the one hand it is not a fair comparision, but on the other hand todays technology is very advanced (e.g. see todays lowmid-range smartphones) and Korg does not take any advantage of it - probably because they know people will buy their products anyways regardless if it's overpriced or not (they are).
Many long-time Korg Pa users (many of whom I know personally) don't even know basic functions. They just want a new device, no matter if it's a Pa5x or something else - they don't care about functions, they care about prestige.

The PA4X far exceeds its original formal specifications - many FREE enhancements and new features, styles, sounds etc....
There never was any software specified - I know there are times when a PC editor would be nice but so far, I have not found anything I cannot do on board.

Seriously sounds like it is time for you to get a different brand of arranger - make sure you test it out first..

Take care Very Happy

Sounds like you didn't read my post or at least didn't get my point.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sounds like you didn't read my post or at least didn't get my point.

I did and I do - t'was a long negative rant which is absolutely your right to post - just felt I can't offer anything constructive other than try something else or maybe further develop your switch to virtual or maybe you weren't wanting any "reply" as such at all.

Wish I could help...

All the best
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
archil

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

I find my PA4X to be much like my Kronos

Would be cool to see HD-1 in PA series for a change or at least good out of the box sound and not another flat EDS mud...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In context, I wrote:
I find my PA4X to be much like my Kronos
I have a Kronos-1 but it is now quite different and is the equivalent of the current Kronos-2 thanks to Korg
My PA4X-NEXT v310 is very very different to the PA4X I originally bought thanks to Korg.

....hence in terms of the free and excellent updates and enhancements... Very Happy
archil

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those are welcome of course.
robkeith

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject: The wait is way too long Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I,m worried as it’s been way too long for an announcement from Korg re the replacement for the 4X. The thing is no new updates from Yamaha on the Genos, and no Genos 2 or indeed more updates. We need a release to drive innovation in the arranger markets. Maybe Korg have decided that there will be no PA5X they won’t say of course unfortunately. Roland already have no total pro arrangers anymore, so the market is is only 2 major players now, the thought of only one is scary. Come on Korg give us all hope!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - it has been a long time (take off nearly 2 years of COVID I guess.

The waiting game is with us - in the meantime we still own the best arranger.
I mostly worry about getting repairs etc....

Very Happy
karam

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I've been told by one of the sales persons that they expect sometime in september/october to have Pa5X available for sale. We must be sure that Korg understand the critical timing that they cannot miss by not releasing this year this next TOTL Arranger.
I believe that Roland are preparing successor of E-A7 , Yamaha will do next year a major upgrade of Genos OS , Yamaha released A5000 and SX910 probably knocks on the door next year ....
sduszyk

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The delay may be very related to global problems with electronic components allocations and shortages, that impacts pretty much everything related to electronics manufacturing (consumer, industrial, automotive etc.).
Korg might already have Pa5x on the release schedule but the problem with components shortages may delay the series production significantly.

I wish I'm wrong with this assumption.
Also waiting for Pa5x to see what features can it introduce comparing to Pa4x which I absolutely love Smile

Regards
Sebastian
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also waiting for Pa5x to see what features can it introduce comparing to Pa4x which I absolutely love

Short of it being able to accept Nespresso pods, I can't think of much else... Wink
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the update on the 5x release was supposed to be announced at the time of the summer NAMM according to Korg USA but last i heard from them as of this past week they are basically out of stock on the lower models built in china and due to the hold on shipping containers from China and shortage of circuit boards we should not expect to hear anything about the 5x at least until the winter NAMM if not later.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the rumours are true in this thread then any extra time to refine the software (beta testing) due to any delays can only be good all round (Korg & Customer)
robkeith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Is it really Comming PA5X? Reply with quote

There have been so many other releases of keyboards from various manufacturers. What’s up Korg? Where is the PA5X? It’s been sooo long. I still think unless there was a major rethink in the last few months the PA series is over. Only have to look at Roland who have obviously deleted the arranger from their brains, and moved towards other more profitable areas of production. No new updates for the the Yamaha Genos also suggests no pressure to update because if impending releases from Korg. Competition drives inovation.

Sad I am because I was really hoping for a new direction from Korg.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
Yes the update on the 5x release was supposed to be announced at the time of the summer NAMM according to Korg USA but last i heard from them as of this past week they are basically out of stock on the lower models built in china and due to the hold on shipping containers from China and shortage of circuit boards we should not expect to hear anything about the 5x at least until the winter NAMM if not later.

Winter namm is not an arranger thing..

In the last decade all totl arrangers been released in autumn..

I think the PA series are still produced in Italy..
Chip shortages are global tough..
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its coming...
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: