Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg’s Professional Arranger - A Series Comparison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg’s Professional Arranger - A Series Comparison Reply with quote

Hello Scott,
as a consumer I justifiably complain if known inadequacies of a model series are only partially remedied by the manufacturer, but the mid-range area is not taken into account - I hope that this was correctly understood in this context "Why Korg Italy do not fix the shortcomings of the midrange of the current series with an update like done with the Pa4x? ", that this question implies a desire for this update.
It makes no sense to discuss whether and how extensive updates are for different models within a model series - as a consumer why should I consider that? Let a software engeneer analize binary complete setup packages (Linux-Andora-Releases) of Pa700 / 1000 / Pa4x and its scripts (Linux for Omega). You will get the confirmation that logical procedures within the models are structured in the same way, so that an update of different models is easy, because procedures and scripts are logically largely identical - that also was the same with earlier model series. Of course, a different patch is necessary for each model - but this does not differ significantly in the logic, but only in different/common input parameters ig such as clusters or sectors per cluster when formatting partitions of vfat, kernel, rootfs, Korg BKP etc.
Paolo@Korg wrote:
... Here is a comparison chart ..

Thank you - I replied to you immediately after your posting, but unfortunately received no answer.

Paolo, please do not refuse to correct the faulty and inadequate function of recent midrange category of Pa-arrangers, but spend an update.
As often mentioned here, deficiencies of Styleplayer functions was reported to Korg Germany immediately after the first delivery of the last model series, but has only been remedied for the Pa4x to this day.

There is also extensive mail traffic that these inadequacies of the StylePlayer were also brought to Korg Italy.

For Korg Italy I think it is not too late - and not expensive either - to catch up on the update for the midrange models as with the Pa4x, so that the comparison chart also really contains full-fledged midrange models with a range of functions, as we had with the style player of the previous generation in the same category!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For many that understandably think that a small change "can't be hard" is often so so wrong.
If you are familiar with low-level computer software/OS design and maintenance you will already know that the smallest of modification can create hours (if not days) of acceptance testing prior to releasing an update. Such changes can be massively expensive for the vendor.
The different combinations of activities on a PA keyboard (or any keyboard) run into millions, if not billions - generally impossible to test thoroughly - an analogy is "anything" from Microsoft.

Is always exciting to get updates but I, personally, would not be holding my breath right now.

Expecting new versions of gear to always be "the same plus more" can be unrealistic and a poor marketing decision.
Imagine a PA keyboard with KARMA and other Kronos features added ... it would need to be physically twice the size to accommodate a practical and useable performance control surface.

Just saying (IMHO).....

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg’s Professional Arranger - A Series Comparison Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
I hope that this was correctly understood in this context "Why Korg Italy do not fix the shortcomings of the midrange of the current series with an update like done with the Pa4x? ", that this question implies a desire for this update.
It makes no sense to discuss whether and how extensive updates are for different models within a model series - as a consumer why should I consider that?

Yes, I appear to have taken your "why" questions more literally than you'd intended. Smile
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg’s Professional Arranger - A Series Comparison Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
I hope that this was correctly understood in this context "Why Korg Italy do not fix the shortcomings of the midrange of the current series with an update like done with the Pa4x? ", that this question implies a desire for this update.
It makes no sense to discuss whether and how extensive updates are for different models within a model series - as a consumer why should I consider that?

Yes, I appear to have taken your "why" questions more literally than you'd intended. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: