Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with a Karma Slider on a New Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwyno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Issue with a Karma Slider on a New Kronos Reply with quote

Karma Slider Issue - I have had my Kronos for just over 3 weeks. For some reason, slider 5 on the Karma Module has stopped having any effect. The slider moves, it just doesn't change any value. All the other 7 still work fine (apart from the fact that slider 5 has become linked to slider 7, and if i move that, the value of slider 5 slowly moves to be within 10-12 units of the new slider 7 value). I can still highlight 5 on the LCD screen and then use the value control slider or the wheel to make changes. As far as I know, I have not pressed anything to change any settings, and this happens on every pre-loaded combi as well as the one I was creating. I am hoping that this is not a hardware issue. Anyone any ideas please? Thanks!

Edit - The same thing is happening on Programs as well as Combis
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have messed something up in the global settings. The fact that slider 5 moves when you move slider 7 leads me to think that maybe they are now sharing some setting. You might try reloading the factory data completely, including the global settings.

Gwyno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Issue with a Karma Slider on a New Kronos Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I don't think I have messed anything up in Global settings as I haven't got as far as looking at that section yet. I have only used the set list, combis, programs and the sequencer to date. This issue occurred when I was changing parameters for an arpeggio on a combi. Now Karma does the same thing whenever i go to use it. Slider 5 does nothing, I can change values using the LCD screen but they change depending on the value of 7. I'll get in touch with Korg.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this issue only observed when the sliders are in RT Knobs/Karma mode, or does something similar happen when in Timbre mode in a Combi, and in Ext mode?

Observe what happens to the onscreen knob position visualisations in the various modes, when in the Play | Control Surface tab in a Combi.
Gwyno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been looking at things in the meantime and as far as I can make out it happens on every mode I can find where the sliders are used. I am pretty new to the machine though, so I dare say there are many functions for those sliders that I have not come across. Korg think it may well be a software bug, but a factory reset hasn't solved the issue. I'm waiting for them to get back to me at the moment.

Thanks!
Gwyno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machine has now been sent back to Korg - Korg believe there is a hardware/software issue
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the answers given, this is probably due to an open circuit connection somewhere in the slider board or its interconnects. Probably an easy fix for a keyboard technician. After only 3 weeks from new, it'll be a warranty repair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: