Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Downloading new patches and sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBigCheese

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Downloading new patches and sounds Reply with quote

I just received notice that my SV-2 88 has shipped. Let me lower everyone's expectations...

I am a 67-year-old retired car wash owner who has played guitar & piano since I was 11... I now play in the Praise & Worship band at my local Church. I don't read a drop of music, I listen, then I play. But I do know what sounds good and what doesn't.

I've watched some videos (of the hundreds I've watched) where users/musicians have created for us mere mortals to download, certain 'sounds' or 'patches' that when you hear you immediately say "That's Bruce Hornsby" or some other famous sound.

I want to sound like Bruce!

Where do I go to download these, as I have no understanding, no patience nor skill set to learn all about the instrument to be able to tweak and create the sounds myself.

I'm just the poor SOB that is blessed enough to be able to afford this beautiful instrument... now I want to make it sound good.

HELP!
jwamz85

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:46 pm    Post subject: Any luck? Reply with quote

I know this post is ancient, but if you're still active on here, i'd be curious to know if you've found any good sources for new tones.

I'm a fellow worship leader, and could really use some better organ options and pads.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although sounds within the SV-2 can be modified using the Korg SV-2 Editor, and saved and shared with other users, the sharing of .sv2 files doesn't seem to have gained much traction, in the manner seen with other keyboards, such as the M1, and Kronos.

I came across this link, which might be of interest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Korg/comments/10q7k55/heres_a_korg_sv2_soundpack_i_made_with_48_unused/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: