Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

opsix going back to the shops, my advice is dont buy one

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave dave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject: opsix going back to the shops, my advice is dont buy one Reply with quote

credit where credit is due..... its a great synth

but...... it doesnt work!!!!!

and im sick & tired of being a beta tester for these obnoxious w~~kers who just want our money and give zero sh#ts about our problems and dont even have the respect to reply to us!!!

ive spent way too much money on gear that doesnt work. everything has bugs!!!!!!

like many many others have pointed out... korg opsix does not work with midi-usb on windows 10. i cant update the firmware, i cant use the sound librarian even tho i have already purchased some 3rd party banks, and i cant use opsix and wavestate at the same time.

sorry korg but now you have a b stock unit and i wont ever be buying anything with your brand on it again!
kevinh_12345us

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting,
I have Win 10 and have updated the firmware and use the librarian on the opsix.

You may need to go into the device manager and remove the device, and maybe other USB drivers.

You have to follow the Korg instructions exactly otherwise it won't work.

The only problem I've had is getting Dexed to download directly to the opsix; I have to use a sysex manager.
dave dave

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinh_12345us wrote:
Interesting,
I have Win 10 and have updated the firmware and use the librarian on the opsix.

You may need to go into the device manager and remove the device, and maybe other USB drivers.

You have to follow the Korg instructions exactly otherwise it won't work.

The only problem I've had is getting Dexed to download directly to the opsix; I have to use a sysex manager.

hi, i have followed the instructions step by step many times. they say that i need the latest version of windows 10 which i have. some people here in the forums claim there is a work around using an old version of windows 10 which i wont be downgrading to, the fault lies with the korg, not windows. i have also tried the registry edit hack which some people have pointed out, didnt work. there are pages and pages of people having the same issue with other korg synths that go back to 2019 with no responce from korg. i guess youre one of the lucky ones. which version of windows 10 do you have? because it all started with a windows update. i have many other synths (novation summit, hydrasynth, arturia polybrute, waldorf stvc, sequential pro 3) all of which work fine with my version windows 10.

thanks
kevinh_12345us

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎2/‎5/‎2021
OS build 19042.867
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I don't think the Pro version should make a difference.
rbox

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Customer Support from Korg is very bad. Theyre Bugfixing is inefficient. I have buy a Second Hand Radias from ebay with the latest OS 2.0 and there are some Bugs they did not fixed, the same with Korg Oasys, no Sequencer Update for Kronos , Nautilus, still no Piano Roll Editor after so many Years, driver Confusions, denying the Tuning Bug/Issue of the Korg Prologue for a long Time, no Usb Stick Support for the Wavestate and Opsix to Save/Backup Sounds, the Korg Updater wont Support IOS and Android Platforms on Tablets, curious because Korg has many Synth Apps on Apples Store. Opsix limited by ADSR Envelopes and on the other Side the cheap and toyish Volca FM has Envelopes with Time and Level Segments, why?
barlowstraker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is having a problem getting Windows to communicate with the Opsix, make sure under Device Manager you have a USB RNDIS6 Adapter under Network adapters installed. This needs to be manually set on the unrecognized USB entry. You have to manually assign the driver by right clicking and choosing update driver and then "browse to a specific location". Choose network adapter and then Microsoft and then USB RNDIS6 Adapter. The Opsix should then be seen my Windows. See screenshot:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0b54d0JdcuW4sz0K51JizGFHA#rndis6
Eskimo66

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barlowstraker wrote:
If anyone is having a problem getting Windows to communicate with the Opsix, make sure under Device Manager you have a USB RNDIS6 Adapter under Network adapters installed. This needs to be manually set on the unrecognized USB entry. You have to manually assign the driver by right clicking and choosing update driver and then "browse to a specific location". Choose network adapter and then Microsoft and then USB RNDIS6 Adapter. The Opsix should then be seen my Windows. See screenshot:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0b54d0JdcuW4sz0K51JizGFHA#rndis6

Hi, I got as far as the first line the "RNDIS6" is not installed. Do you have and idea of how I go about installing it?

I wan to connect my opsix to update it, but I have having a major headache.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
barlowstraker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start the control panel (Windows), then pick Device Manager. Plug the Opsix in at this point via USB. You should see an entry in the Device Manger with a Yellow triangle and exclamation point pop up. Right click on that icon and pick Update Driver. The pick 'Browse my Computer for drivers". Then pick "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". Then scroll down to Network Adapters. Then scroll and pick Microsoft as the manufacturer. Then lastly scroll and pick USB RNDIS6 Adapter in the right column.

That's it!

My opsix is still malfunctioning. It was an open box deal. It has strange symptoms such as fixed volume in headphones and it gets stuck on patch 001 with the knobs and buttons completely not responding.
Eskimo66

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barlowstraker wrote:
Start the control panel (Windows), then pick Device Manager. Plug the Opsix in at this point via USB. You should see an entry in the Device Manger with a Yellow triangle and exclamation point pop up. Right click on that icon and pick Update Driver. The pick 'Browse my Computer for drivers". Then pick "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". Then scroll down to Network Adapters. Then scroll and pick Microsoft as the manufacturer. Then lastly scroll and pick USB RNDIS6 Adapter in the right column.

Thanks so much! I get a code 10 error and the driver won't install. I am just going to give up I think. Thank for the help though!
barlowstraker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. I got mine working by doing what I explained. You could try the plain Microsoft USB RNDIS adapter instead of USB RNDIS6 with the same steps.

It is important to make sure you are choosing the right entry in Device Manager. You might have several with yellow triangles and exclamation points. You usually can tell which is the right one upon plugging in the opsix. The whole list refreshes and you can see the newly added entry. Hope you get it working. So frustrating Korg didn't make it easier for Windows users.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: