Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird Pop Sound With Basic Mono Synth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frost

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Weird Pop Sound With Basic Mono Synth Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm hearing a weird pop sound with my Krome 73 (original not EX), which is more obvious when I use the sustain pedal. I bought this used keyboard a few days ago and it was in very good condition, barely used according to the previous owner.

I managed to reproduce the problem in a very simple setting, which is a program with 1 OSC containing a triangle wave, in mono, and with a high attack time. Here's a link to an audio demonstration of the problem, and a link to 3 pictures that show my simple program:

Program: https://imgur.com/a/eaH1qsl
Sound: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hE4CM-x99jEQXlf5XNIXTJMxiQqbmvin/view

First I play a repeated note without sustain, no problem, then I add the sustain pedal and you can instantly hear the pops. In the second part where I play a sequence of notes, I'm not using the sustain pedal, and you can hear it occasionally making a pop and the sound dying afterward.
Do you think it's the same known SD card problem?

More info:
- This happens both on the headphones jack and the output jack.
- Deactivating mono legato actually makes it worse and more repeatable.
- I also have another issue where I hear some static or crackling when I use pitch modulation LFO and have a reverb effect. Are these issues related?

Thanks for your help!
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friend,
For me is clear. Nothing wrong. In MONO Legato mod the slow attack time will be ignore using sustain pedal. Playing legato, as well. Try with the same settings non legato mod and everything will be ok.
Frost

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dan,

I actually noticed the same thing happening in poly mode with single trigger on when I trigger the same not multiple times.
In mono mode it happens sometimes when playing through notes without the sustain pedal.

You seem to think it's normal, yet I can't make sense of it. Is it inevitable for the sound to click when switching notes (occasionally) or using the sustain pedal even for a slow sound with slow attack?

P.S. I just replaced my internal SD card with a better quality one, and I still have the same issue.

Thanks.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send me the mentioned sound contact@danstesco.ro and will analyse the situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: