Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would like a Prologue 8 but...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoboLives138

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: Would like a Prologue 8 but... Reply with quote

I know this is probably the dumbest request anyone has ever seen on this forum but one thing I hate about the Prologue is the 8 voice and 16 voice versions are two different form factors (The REV2 doesn't do this, nor does the Moog One). I'd love the 61 key version however, I don't want 16 voices of polyphony. Personally I'm just not a fan of analog synthesizers with anything above 10 voices of polyphony (I won't rant about it here but if you are interested in knowing more DM me) I know the only semi work around is to create a stack and turn down the amp ENV completely on the second layer but this isn't helpful for splits. Is there any way that there could be a firmware update on the 16 to half the polyphony on it and make it an 8 voice version or is it possible to somehow remove voice cards in the 16 voice version?
kusho

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Would like a Prologue 8 but... Reply with quote

Probably your best bet is to get the 8 and another bigger MIDI keyboard to control it, might as well go 88 keys. Another plus to this is you can have aftertouch which prologue can receive via MIDI but the prologue keyboard doesn't do.
Some people don't like the prologue keybed anyway so this could be a good move.
Personally I like the Prologue keys action. I'm used to playing piano keys so any synth keys feel weird, but I find the prologue keys pretty good.
The 16 has other additions like the LF Compressor which I like.

I think Korg are not so in touch with what their customers want in an analog synth, compared to companies like Sequential and Moog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: