Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Usb boot mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thark

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Usb boot mode Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm literally a noob at using the Wavestate, having only got mine three days ago. Delving into the utilities menu I found that my instrument didn't have the latest firmware so I updated to version 1.0.6 following all the instructions (I'm using an iMac). All went well and I now have the latest firmware.

Then, while reading a few posts in the forum, I realised that version 1.0.6 uses a new method to load the firmware. It is, I think, natural to wonder what the old method was as it may come in handy at some point. So, what was the old method?

Also, what is NCM networking?

Cheers,

Keith
jezar-01

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCM's just another networking standard; a different way for Wavestate to talk to the host computer.

You can switch Wavestate between RNDIS and NCM on the "Utility->MIDI and USB" page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: