Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Battery Failures, How To easily repare !!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvincent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: KORG Battery Failures, How To easily repare !! Reply with quote

Hello All,
Due to my too busy work, i frequently let my arranger unused for a while. im facing lot of pbs with my Korg Pa3X Battery.
i found that these batteries are too fragile and too nervous.
we cannot let the arranger too long without using it, it's very easy to lose the battery. ive already lost two packs
Sorry but these kind of batteries are very bad quality. i am so astonished that great and unrivalled Korg accept to provide its loyal customers with such poor quality parts as those damn batteries !
Why instead they don't provide a simple common battery holder so we can just put in it good rechargeable batteries.
at the end disgusted i put the arranger in its original box and forget it for more than five years !!
one day tired waiting and very frustrating to not enjoying such crazy investment i wake up and decided to figure out the pb.
these are then the solutions ive found :
1- the sign that the battery is dead is that the power Switch on Led is blinking alternatively Red/Green. despite this we can resuscitate one by one the elements. just take off the first green plastic cover, just with a single line of refend using a blade. Try to not damage it in order to reuse it as i think it's very important to cover and isolate the battery from other metallic parts of the device.
one trick to succeed to recharge the elements battery of the pack using a simple charger is to disassemble the charger to facilitate access without disassembling the battery pack
2- otherwise we can use a multimeter to localize the dead element of the battery pack and just change it with an other good part. always try to resuscitate the elements before disassembling it. because the big issue is how to welding in series the six elements of the battery pack ?? welding it with Tin is not recommanded as there is a risk of overheating the element of the battery (Battery hate Heating). The factory solution have a name ive found it not without difficulty 'SPOT WELDER'
There is very tricky solutions over there in Youtube Look for 'DIY Battery Spot Welder'
3- another very good solution is to DIY assembling a new pack of six 1.2v rechargeable NiMH Batteries with spot welding or just tinkering a simple battery holder easily found at electronics scrap. otherwise try to rapidly welding with Tin avoid overheating
vagro

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vincent, if you think your battery pack will keep charged for more than a week you´ll get dissapointed. It will be useless making the effort to repair those
batteries for the purpose you need.
This battery pack was a total failure. So I´ve left my Pa3x on stand by mode for up to 10 years right now because the new battery pack I bought in 2011 has never worked all.
In order to do what I did, take off the batteries from the slot and set to off the plug you´ll find there, then leave the instrument turned off on stand by mode forever, yes, with the blinking green and red lights. The Pa3x will start up fast.

PD And the rubber from de screen and joystick panel will also keep deteriorating over the years.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=103245&highlight=battery

Maybe this will help.
dvincent

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Vagro & Giner for your comments
You're not quite wrong when you basically say that it's not worth resuscitating them because that won't change the sad reality of the very poor quality of those damn batteries.
In the meantime still shocked and outraged by this incomprehensible negligence on Korg's part, I continued to refuse the pb and work on it and I have found an other excellent solution !
A 6-cell AA battery holder where we will place all the rechargeable batteries of much better quality that we will choose as we wish according to the purses. look at eBay, Amazon, or AliExpress
One point only to note, when soldering the wires of the original connector, you must respect the polarities, the red towards the (+), the black to (-) and don't forget to replace the temp sensor (white wire).
BTW, Sorry, but as usual i decline all my responsibilities for injuries or damages caused. it's evident that this DIY is reserved to people who knows what they do !

Dave
Pierre5355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent ..you stored the keyboard for 5 years because you had a weak battery?? I just ordered a new battery for 45$ on Amazon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: