Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Kick lowest note?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JazzlikeConfidence66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Volca Kick lowest note? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Is there a way to get the Volca Kick to play notes lower than the A on the internal scale? I intend to use it for 808 type sub bass. I've tried getting it to play lower notes with an external keyboard, but it doesn't seem to work.

I found this Sweetwater review that seems to indicate it is actually possible:

[i]"The one caveat is that in order to go below the low A on the built in keyboard, one must use a midi keyboard connected to it. I find this feature to be rather strange considering it does transpose up 2 octaves. Why not at least one octave down? The notes below the built in keyboard are the deepest most lush tones. It's a shame you can't access them without an external controller."[/i]

Any help would be highly appreciated!
LM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the MIDI channels and make sure "MIDI RX ShortMessage" is on in Global settings.
JazzlikeConfidence66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Just double checked, MIDI RX ShortMessage is turned on. I can chromatically play the Kick via an external midi keyboard, it's just that any note I play that's lower than the lowest A on the internal scale returns the same A -- and not the deeper tones I'd be looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: