Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1000 Expression Pedal and Harmony On/Off foot switch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keyboardbill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: PA1000 Expression Pedal and Harmony On/Off foot switch Reply with quote

I am considering purchasing a PA1000, have read thru the user manual and have not been able to found out if I can connect an expression pedal and a foot switch to turn harmony on/off. I do this all the time so that I can keep both hands on the keyboard.

Has anyone been able to do this? If not, what alternatives can you suggest?

Thanks, Bill
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject: foot switch Reply with quote

PA1000 Expression Pedal and Harmony On/Off foot switch
it works PA 4 X it also works on the PA 1000 you need to set the pedal up to Mike harmony and then calibrate your pedal edit your work fine.

Reset my PA 1000 vocal presets to a -4 DB when I use the panell ( I think the factory settings were too loud overbearing sound, so I lowered it from zero to a -4 I think it blends nicer..
kofla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: PA1000 Expression Pedal and Harmony On/Off foot switch Reply with quote

keyboardbill wrote:
I am considering purchasing a PA1000, have read thru the user manual and have not been able to found out if I can connect an expression pedal and a foot switch to turn harmony on/off. I do this all the time so that I can keep both hands on the keyboard.

Thanks, Bill

I use a pedal (generic cheap) to turn on/off Harmony in my PA1000. Its easy to do.
kofla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: PA1000 Expression Pedal and Harmony On/Off foot switch Reply with quote

keyboardbill wrote:

Thanks, Bill

I use a pedal (generic cheap) to turn on/off Harmony in my PA1000. Its easy to do.

Update: Sad Repeated

Last edited by kofla on Wed May 05, 2021 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
keyboardbill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses.

From what I see, there is one assignable connector that I can use for an expression pedal but where do I connect the harmony on/off pedal or foot switch? I'm trying to have both connected to the PA1000 at the same time.

Sorry if I am a bit thick in the head.

Cheers,
Bill
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keyboardbill wrote:
Thanks for the responses.

From what I see, there is one assignable connector that I can use for an expression pedal but where do I connect the harmony on/off pedal or foot switch? I'm trying to have both connected to the PA1000 at the same time.

Sorry if I am a bit thick in the head.

Cheers,
Bill

There are two pedal jacks on the back of the PA1000 - the Damper Pedal and the Assignable Pedal. Plug your sustain pedal into the Damper Pedal jack and plug any other pedal you want to use in the Assignable Pedal jack. In the software, you can configure the Assignable Pedal to a myraid of things...

If you need more control than just the two on the PA1000, then you may need to get a MIDI multi-pedal like the one from Behringer (FCB1010) and configure it to do multiple things.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: