Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One Dead Key on my Krome 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptomczak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: One Dead Key on my Krome 88 Reply with quote

Hi, I've tried everything, looking for some help!
My Korg Krome 88 has one dead key, the highest "B". Dead as in, no sound whatsoever.

The other 87 keys are fine. I've replaced the key contacts for that section already, and in fact went in two additional times to be sure everything was seated correctly, and no luck. The one key produces no sound. Everything else looks good, clean, nothing broken that I can see.

It's obviously out of warranty.

What else can it be? I'm at my wits end and willing to try anything short of sending it out for repair, at least until I've exhausted all of my options.

Thanks folks!
Phil
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the contacts are good, and the closure of the contacts is not obstructed, and no other keys are affected, then it's either a diode that has failed, or a track/connection has gone open circuit. It may look OK to the eye.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: