Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After Nautilus I have bought again a Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neubauer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: After Nautilus I have bought again a Kronos Reply with quote

Hi I have been an owner of Oasys and Kronos for many years. I am a Jordan Rudess fan for years.

I have owned an Oasys, a Kronos, a Kronos X and a Kronos Gold Edition, the last one sold because someone told me that Korg was going to launch this year 2021 the new Kronos.

After being talk with many people it seems Korg is not gonna launch a Kronos V3 and the flagship is gonna be the Nautilus.

So I have purchased again a Korg Kronos 88 V2 the last 88 V2 left in the Korg Kronos distributor in Spain. Only one unit of platinum 88 SE is left.

I am totally sure the Kronos will be a collector synth like it is the Oasys.

It will arrive to my studio next Thursday and I will take some pics for you if you like
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi neubauer,

I think you made a wise choice as you are used to the Kronos feel and features. Personally I have zero interest in the Nautilus - too handicapped (smaller screen, no aftertouch, several physical controls gone in LCD sub-menus, etc) and IMHO the so-called ROM upgrade and new sounds are nothing to write home about.

Last edited by KK on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
exsequor699

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos is Korg's flagship. Nautilus is for people who want Kronos sound power, a little lighter in weight and cheaper and also 73 synth action keys option is available.

Last edited by exsequor699 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: After Nautilus I have bought again a Kronos Reply with quote

neubauer wrote:
Hi I have been an owner of Oasys and Kronos for many years. I am a Jordan Rudess fan for years.

I have owned an Oasys, a Kronos, a Kronos X and a Kronos Gold Edition, the last one sold because someone told me that Korg was going to launch this year 2021 the new Kronos.

After being talk with many people it seems Korg is not gonna launch a Kronos V3 and the flagship is gonna be the Nautilus.

So I have purchased again a Korg Kronos 88 V2 the last 88 V2 left in the Korg Kronos distributor in Spain. Only one unit of platinum 88 SE is left.

I am totally sure the Kronos will be a collector synth like it is the Oasys.

It will arrive to my studio next Thursday and I will take some pics for you if you like

I think this forum is worthwhile , to review for informative posts, to help make an expensive keyboard purchase more objective vs an opinion, plus clarify if a Nautilus purchase makes good sense, long term.
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Personally I have zero interest in the Nautilus - too handicapped (smaller screen, no aftertouch, several physical controls gone in LCD sub-menus, etc) and IMHO the so-called ROM upgrade and new sounds are nothing to write home about.

Ditto
ITguy54

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the Kronos is gone, and the Nautilus is fully in production, I expect Korg to come up with the Nautilus 2, with aftertouch and more physical controls.
tunaman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won’t be “Nautilus 2” in name, but could be feasible much like the Triton LE/Triton/Triton Extreme/etc... I guess only time will tell.
KingKronos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to start from scratch, I'd get a used K61 before I got a new Nautilus.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
After the Kronos is gone, and the Nautilus is fully in production, I expect Korg to come up with the Nautilus 2, with aftertouch and more physical controls.

I don't expect the Kronos to be "gone" any time soon. They may bring out a Nautilus improvement, but it won't be dependent on the Kronos. They're separate market price points.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
ITguy54 wrote:

I don't expect the Kronos to be "gone" any time soon. .

this does not happen over night for new factory K2's.

But there are signs and conversations that Korg has ramped down assembly of K2's. After 10 years, this is not unexpected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: