Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vantalator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overdrive1951

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: vantalator Reply with quote

hi members, hope some one can help me. my pa 900 will arriving this evening. I purchased a neo ventilator for it. my questions is how do I keep the leslie affects from happening when am not playing the organ sounds?

hope some one can help me.
thank you in advance: joe
a.schemkes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hit the bypass knob on the ventilator
overdrive1951

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Aantonie, Ventalator will arrive this evening, will try your suggestion.

thanks you for responding: joe
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Ventilator stereo in and out? I don't think it is, is it?

You may have quite a problem integrating this with your PA900...

For starters, the PA900 doesn't have any individual outs, so you can't send the organ out through a separate out from the rest of the arranger. I'm not even sure that the PA3X can route the B3 mode separately from the main outs...

Plus, the Ventilator is mono in, which means you'll have to sum the outputs on the PA900 (or use its mono out) to go to the Ventilator, and lose any stereo effects (reverb, etc.). But because there's no separate outs, it's going to affect everything.

So, what this means is, yes, you'll get that great Leslie on any organ sounds, but you'll ALSO have Leslie on ALL the arranger parts too! Sad I don't know about you, but a drum kit through a Leslie makes me want to throw up! Embarassed

If all you want to do is play organ either with a live band or no backing at all, you are good to go. But there is no way to separate out the organ from the backing, so it either ALL gets into the Ventilator, or NOTHING gets into the Ventilator.

Have you thought this through..?
overdrive1951

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Aantonie, Ventalator will arrive this evening, will try your suggestion.

thanks you for responding: joe
overdrive1951

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi dikikeys, the way you described it is the way I was looking at it. But I was hoping some one new of a way to separate the organ sounds from the rest of the other effets. I guess I will try it on my psr 900 & play only the organ sounds with it or return it & get my money back. thank you for the information.

thanks you:overdrive
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There IS one really weird workaround which MIGHT work (I am not that familiar with the PA900, so get an expert here to check my work).

But if you can pan the B3 mode totally to one side, and then pan EVERYTHING else to the other side, this might SORT of work.

But there are several really big impediments to this working. The basic idea is you pan the organ to say the left, and then everything else to the right, and connect the left side to your Ventilator, and the right side to your sound system's mono in.

But here's the problem. Firstly, effects. You are basically going to have to turn them all off. The reason for this is that the effects are hard-wired to go to the L&R outs in stereo, there's no way (AFAIK) of forcing the reverb or stereo chorus outputs over to one side. So, for example, if you don't turn it all off, the reverb tails of the drums and all other sounds will go into the Ventilator, no matter if the sounds themselves are panned away from the left output. Not good!

The next one is the drum kits... I am not sure about this, but most drum kits, even if panned to one side, all you are doing in effect is turning down the sounds on the left side. So what you would have to do (experts, please correct me if I'm wrong here) to get ALL the drum sounds out of just the right side is to create custom drum kits with ALL the sounds panned completely to the right. This sounds like an AWFUL lot of work, as you would have to edit every last style and sequence you use to use these custom kits..! Not good!

So, while in theory, you MIGHT be able to do this, I doubt you would want to do all the work it would entail, plus, of course, you now end up with all the arranger backing being mono, and bone dry. Not good!

All in all, I like your idea of using the B3 mode on any other keyboard through the Ventilator and leaving your PA900 alone!
Joe Corriveau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject: PA900 with Ventilator II Reply with quote

Can anyone in this thread update me pertaining to running my new Ventilator with my PA900. What are the best settings to take advantage of the new simulator Leslie rotary effects, to work with best PA900 organ sounds . How to get cleanest organ sound (minus affects) to go to the Ventilator. Is this even possible.
Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: