Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microSAMPLER & USB & Editor issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkathon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: microSAMPLER & USB & Editor issues Reply with quote

Hiya. First forum post here ...

Recently picked up a microSAMPLER on a whim. So far not bad, but I need
help w/ the following, please.

* 10.5.8 MacBook
* KORG driver 1.1.1r
* microSAMPLER Editor/Librarian 1.0.0

Basically, haven't been able to transmit/receive sample banks via the
KORG and the Mac, connected solely via USB. I've tried both "USB+MIDI"
and just USB for the MIDIROUT global. The Editor recognizes the KORG,
but it times out each time. I know data's transmitting, 'cause if I just start
banging on the keys when I initially try to save a bank, the status bar ends up
moving, but it's meaningless data.

Searched high and low online, no dice. Also, KORG's documentation
is crap in this regard. So if anyone's deal w/ similar issues, I'm all ears.
Hopefully I'm overlooking something super simple...

Huge thanks, and looking forward to diving deeper into the forum archives here.

**UPDATE**
Luck would have it, found an unrelated post elsewhere which mentioned
the 1.0.1 Editor available only on the KORG Japan site. Downloaded it,
everything now transmits. Hopefully this will help other folks in the future.

So as for me, just get used to KORG and their software antics, eh? Sad
feedbacker2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Librarian editor connection issues Mac Reply with quote

I have the same issues as another member
after setting up the editor on my mac and happily loading samples and backing up banks all was well.Tonight (2 months later) I was working on some sounds and found the editor could not connect to the sampler so I updated to 1.0.1 and yeha I could connect.

Now I just get timeouts every time I try to upload or download anything the progress bar gets to about 9% and then fails

Interestingly when I use the transmit to bank feature it gives the error
"bank data cannot be transmitted while showing WRITE page or play sequence or sampling" none of which I was doing.

anyone with some ideas ?
korakios

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Librarian editor connection issues Mac Reply with quote

feedbacker2 wrote:
after setting up the editor on my mac and happily loading samples and backing up banks all was well.Tonight (2 months later) I was working on some sounds and found the editor could not connect to the sampler so I updated to 1.0.1 and yeha I could connect.

Now I just get timeouts every time I try to upload or download anything the progress bar gets to about 9% and then fails

"bank data cannot be transmitted while showing WRITE page or play sequence or sampling" none of which I was doing.

anyone with some ideas ?

I don't have a Mac,but on a PC you can't use the editor while running applications(DAW) which use the usb-midi of MS.So try running the editor after a reboot to make sure that the usb-midi port is not left opened by any program(small chances ,but I can't think anything else).Do u have any other hardware connected to the physical midi inputs?
feedbacker2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Librarian editor connection issues Mac Reply with quote

korakios wrote:
feedbacker2 wrote:

anyone with some ideas ?

I don't have a Mac,but on a PC you can't use the editor while running applications(DAW) which use the usb-midi of MS.So try running the editor after a reboot to make sure that the usb-midi port is not left opened by any program(small chances ,but I can't think anything else).Do u have any other hardware connected to the physical midi inputs?

Hi actually managed to get it sorted in the end but how exactly I dont know .I have a feeling I was trying to load a corrupted bank from when I use version 1.0 an it diddn't work.I think I redid the bank and away it all went thanks for the help
dilodilo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: micro sampler editor NOT transmitting ! Reply with quote

Hi there

i don't know if anyone is still using a micro sampler over here , but this tool is really cool

I had loads of fun sampling inside and playing etc ...

But now that i wanted to organize a bit my samples in different banks etc, i downloaded the MICRO SAMPLER EDITOR librarian (i tried it with windows and mac), but then : NO WAY TO RECEIVE ANY DATA or TRANSMITTING ... !!

I precise that i installed the usb drivers.
In the micro editor, the micro sampler is recorgnized as the little orange button on the right top is lit and with "connected". But then nothing is really possible with transmission

SO I NEED YOUR HELP !! Because otherwise even if this machine is really fun it would become almost impossible to use it in live mode
dilodilo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: OK I FOUND IT !! Reply with quote

Ok i finally found the solution
and it was actually simple

after having installed the good drivers and the editor, i simply had to put the midi mode (in global settings) of the micro sampler in USB + MIDI

then all the data can be transfered to the computer

SO THIS KEYBOARD IS STILL GREAT AND FULL OF FUN POSSIBILITIES AGAIN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: