Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg monologue update "device not found"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ercole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Korg monologue update "device not found" Reply with quote

I bought the monologue a few days before and I LOVE IT !!! Razz The oscillators, the filter, the lfo, a pure wonder and AGAIN made by Korg...

So I checked the Korg page and see there's an update 2.0, mine 1.10, so I follow the instructions, install drivers (w10 on my comp) then the software updater - I used to have a minilogue I sold for money I need at the time and it update very simply ( will buy one of these days the xd module, oh yes)..

And BANG ! there is a message like "device not found"

I tried to unistal all Korg soft, then re-install them but I still have the same boring message. Well th OS 1.10 works like a charm so I'm not upset, just trying to understand what don't work

Finally I come here for help Cool

HELP !!!! Very Happy:
synthpeter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the Monologue update using the instructions included in the firmware update download. In the end, it worked, but the instructions in the download miss one step if this is the first time you connect the Monologue to your laptop.

The instruction tells to install the usb-midi driver first, and then to connect and power up the Monologue while pressing buttons 14 and 16. If you now run the updater .exe, it will complain that there is no MIDI port.

What's missing, is that after installing the usb-midi driver, Windows first needs to install the Monologue device driver: switch off the Monologue, then connect and power up the Monologue without pressing any buttons. Windows will then install the device. You can see its progress in the system tray, where it shows the device installer icon. Wait until it is ready. Then switch off the Monologue and continue with the actual update.

That said, there are some things that break when going from 1.1 to 2.0. In motion sequence recording mode, SHIFT does no longer work on LFO/EG INT and VCO2 PITCH. That means no negative INT and no 100c PITCH control in motion sequencing. There are work arounds, but they are kludges.

Unfortunately, roll back to 1.1 is not possible, so now that I'm on 2.0, I can't go back...
Syntax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Minilogue xd driver installer firmware update issue Reply with quote

I’m having the same issue on a new minilogue xd and I’ve tried the “saluting” described but no success Sad
I can’t even tell what version the minilogue xd is running out of the box apparently without having the ability to have it recognized with the updated software first but all I get when I plug it is is an error stating “no MIDI port” or something to that effect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: