Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MICROKORG MIDI ISSUE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
constantino_beats

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject: MICROKORG MIDI ISSUE Reply with quote

my midi keyboard MICROKORG recognizes two keys or three keys when I press a note, it recognizes the midi but I can't use it 100% in programs like fl studio because when I press one it sounds another or makes other kinds of strange sounds.

im using a MIDI to USB adapter

any help? OR Solution i tried all the configs with the synth[/b]
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It is not exactly clear what you want to do... Please elaborate.
E.g. the microKorg is not a midi keyboard. What do you mean by it recognizes 2 or 3 keys? Where do you press a note? On the mK?

Things to consider:
* You want to use the keyboard of the mK and record the MIDI notes it generates that in FL?
* You want to use the sound engine of the mK and control it via MIDI from FL?
* You want to combine both?

Also have a look at the local off setting on the microKorg. If you hit a key on the mK, it will transfer it to MIDI out, but not to the sound engine. FL can probably loop back to key over MIDI IN to make the note sound again.

Have fun
constantino_beats

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:32 am    Post subject: MICROKORG MIDI ISSUE Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks.

What I want to do with my mk is to use it as a midi, the problem is related to the keyboard, the keyboard mk recognizing two keys when I press only one on a vst or just only press one key, for example if I press the C key just after pressing it, the daw recognizes another key " A or B or another note of the mk, it seems that it goes crazy

Things to consider:

* You want to use the keyboard of the mK and record the MIDI notes it generates that in FL?

YES, i want to use it

* You want to use the sound engine of the mK and control it via MIDI from FL?

i dont wanna use the MK sound, only MIDI

* You want to combine both?

no, no

all the mk configs MIDI AUX OR AUTO , OFF RESONANCE AND CHANNEL 1
Thanks
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so you want to use the keyboard of the mK to control/record in FL, but you are not interested as such in the sound of the mK.

In that case, make sure to connect ONLY the MIDI OUT port on the mK to the MIDI IN connection of your USB-MIDI cable. Leave the rest dangling.
Try also to set the MIDI clock to external on the mK.

If you then still get these problems, you should maybe try the application MIDI OX (free download) which can monitor MIDI traffic, this can help you rule out whether is due to the cable+mK or a wrong setting in FL. (In the first case, you should also see there the double notes appearing, while pushing only one key)

Also you can consider to use another USB-MIDI cable. Some of the cheaper models are simply rubbish.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: