Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Piano Lessons through laptop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sltex

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject: Piano Lessons through laptop Reply with quote

My question is simple I'm sure, but I can't figure it out. I simply want the sound from online piano lessons on my laptop and the sound from the piano all to come through the headphones. In other words, I want to practice quietly, as with the headphones plugged in, but I also want to hear the sounds from the laptop through the headphones. Note that I have a G1 Air.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Where do you get stuck?
What piano are you using? Note that it won't work with a real accoustic piano Smile

The audio outputs of your piano should be connected to your laptop, either directly through audio-in (if your laptop has it), else you will need an external audio interface (connected via USB) to your laptop. From then on the soundmixer on your laptop allows you to balance your piano and your online lesson.

Enjoy
Sltex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My piano is a Korg G1 Air. I can connect my laptop to the piano either via Bluetooth, or with a USB cord. Again, my goal is to be able listen to an online piano lesson and practice via my headphones. The speakers are obviously muted when I plug the headphones into one of the designated headphone jacks; however I want to know how I get the computer to also play through the headphones at the same time rather than the internal laptop speaker. Thanks.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I misunderstood it. By Air, I thought you were talking about an Apple computer...

The USB cord will not work for what you want to do. The USB implementation of the G1 Air carries only data (MIDI or acting like external disk) but no audio in neither direction.

The BT Connection can work. Check that your PC sees the piano as a BT device. Did you pair before? If it sees the piano, is it seen as a audio speaker device? If so, you should select it as your audio device instead of the internal audio interface.

On windows 10, you typically click on the speaker icon in the task bar. Then you get a small window, with the name of your audiodevice and a volume slider. If the piano is really installed correctly as BT Audio device, then you should see it listed at the moment you click on the name of the current device. Selecting then the piano, will route all audio on your laptop to the piano.

Good luck.
Sltex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject: Piano Lessons through laptop Reply with quote

Yes! I am finally able to connect and do what I wish to do with it. The Bluetooth was the key. Thanks so much for your help.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest, how much audio delay are you getting with Bluetooth? I was looking at Bluetooth in ear monitors the other day, but they suffer from too much delay to be useful.

Sltex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is not perfect as there is some delay. I am guessing that the delay is about 1/2 a second. A little disconcerting as it is a bit like watching a poorly dubbed movie, but it is close enough for me to use for watching the lessons and practicing in silence.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that backs up my experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: