Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Startup Sequence Change After 1.06 Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkJH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Startup Sequence Change After 1.06 Update Reply with quote

Hi, I’ve got a quick question for the forum experts regarding the recent 1.06 firmware.

I recently updated my Wavestate from firmware vrs 1.03 to 1.06 via the 1.06 updater software’s “usb boot mode” method, which I had to use given that my Mac was already running Big Sur.

The procedure seemed to work exactly according to instructions, and my Wavestate can now communicate with my Mac and the new librarian software just fine. I really like the new librarian app!

However, the update seems to have changed the way my Wavestate starts up. Before the update it would display the “Wavestate” splash screen on power up, then proceed to the “Loading Data” progress bar. After the 1.06 update, it displays the “Wavestate” splash screen for a few seconds on power-up; then the screen goes blank for ten seconds; then the “Wavestate” splash screen reappears for a second before passing to the “Loading Data” progress bar.

Sound data still loads as before, and my Wavestate seems to work just fine. But that ten-second screen blank-out in the middle of the “new” startup sequence is a little disconcerting. Is that how it’s supposed to be? Just thought I’d check to make sure.

Thanks!
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

1.06 here too

I don't have this blank screen for 10 seconds. I have splash screen, then loading data
MarkJH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruh-Roh.

I wonder what I did wrong, here?

More importantly: does anyone have any ideas on how I might fix this problem?

Ugh. Thanks for any assistance!
azureus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this blank screen in the middle of the starting sequence. I'm ok with it but it doesn't fill me with confidence when I power up the synth. It feels more like a temporary loss of communication on reentry from space.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
This is a minor problem with the 1.0.6 USB Boot Mode update process. The front-panel firmware keeps thinking that it needs to be re-updated. To solve this, simply install 1.0.6 normally again (not via Boot Mode).
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: