Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your help is much appreciated!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samk323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Your help is much appreciated! Reply with quote

So as described, I installed sounds from my kronos 2 to my friends kronos. When I do save all, it saves but the sounds don't play correctly or it's missing. But when I go to global and do ksc auto load, it starts working. Whenever I take out to usb, and turn/off on it goes back to doing the same thing. I need to go everytime to ksc auto load with usb stick, to start working.

Is there any way to change that please, so the sounds starts working without usb auto load each time?

Also I noticed on my kronos in the auto load there is a 2015ksc foler, and also a preload ksc. But on his when I go to global auto load it only shows the ksc folder not the preload. Maybe that's the issue?

Please help any is appreciated. Thank you!
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you aware that you need to save your global settings before you shut down?
samk323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry, I had no idea. So after saving the sounds in disk mode, and doing ksc auto load, I would have to do a save in global? And the sounds will work without usb from there?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samk323 wrote:
No sorry, I had no idea. So after saving the sounds in disk mode, and doing ksc auto load, I would have to do a save in global? And the sounds will work without usb from there?

I’m hoping that will work for you. Before you shut down, do a “save global settings” from the drop down box (top right) menu.
samk323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir. Going to try it in a bit. The Pa1000, and Pa4x is super easy. Idk why I am having trouble so much on the Kronos. Need some time to learn it. Also one more question, on my Kronos when I go to auto load. There is a 2015.ksc, and also preload.ksc when I go to his kronos and go to auto load, I only see the 2015.ksc but not the preload.ksc folder. I’m thinking that might be the case too? Do you possibly know why there is no preload.ksc on that keyboard?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let’s back up just a bit. When you are on the auto load page, check the boxes next to want you want to auto load, then do a save global settings.
samk323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that’s what I did. I checked the auto load folder I want, and then did the auto load when back to global. And did write global settings. Still didn’t work. If you’re experienced on the kronos, and you think can help me with this. I can even paypal you and we can get on a call?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samk323 wrote:
Yeah that’s what I did. I checked the auto load folder I want, and then did the auto load when back to global. And did write global settings. Still didn’t work. If you’re experienced on the kronos, and you think can help me with this. I can even paypal you and we can get on a call?

No Payment is required here, we’re here to help each other. Don’t panic yet. I may be missing something, so let’s wait for someone else to chime in. I’m still learning about our Kronos and I’m six years in, it’s not simple.
samk323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Falcon for your help. I appreciate it so much! I’m not really a keyboard player. I’m a percussionist, but even though not a professional keyboard/piano player, I jam at home or with friends. When I bought the kronos 2 from a friend, he had all these sounds installed. And now my other friend has a kronos, so we’re stuck on getting these sounds working.

Thank you! If you figure out anything, please let me know. I’ll also wait for others to chime in as well. Thanks so much again!
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samk323 wrote:
Thanks Falcon for your help. I appreciate it so much! I’m not really a keyboard player. I’m a percussionist, but even though not a professional keyboard/piano player, I jam at home or with friends. When I bought the kronos 2 from a friend, he had all these sounds installed. And now my other friend has a kronos, so we’re stuck on getting these sounds working.

Thank you! If you figure out anything, please let me know. I’ll also wait for others to chime in as well. Thanks so much again!

You’re welcome, I’ll bet things will work out for you.

I did have one more idea, if your issues are with KSC (samples) that you’re trying to load from a usb, those files need to be copied to your K in disk mode under the “utilities” tab.
KingKronos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Your help is much appreciated! Reply with quote

samk323 wrote:
So as described, I installed sounds from my kronos 2 to my friends kronos. When I do save all, it saves but the sounds don't play correctly or it's missing. But when I go to global and do ksc auto load, it starts working. Whenever I take out to usb, and turn/off on it goes back to doing the same thing. I need to go everytime to ksc auto load with usb stick, to start working.

Is there any way to change that please, so the sounds starts working without usb auto load each time?

It seems like you are loading the ksc from the usb stick? You should copy the ksc directly to the ssd. Also, when you do a ksc auto load, be sure you are loading the ksc on the ssd, not the one on the usb stick.
samk323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, I copied the folders from my kronos to a usb stick then saved it to his Kronos. Once I do ksc-auto load, it starts working fine without issues. But they stop working when I take off the usb. On my kronos in the Ksc- Auto load, I see a 2015vv.KSC, and a Prestartup Ksc or something like that. But on his kronos, I only see the 2015vv.KSC in KSC Auto-load. I’m sure i’m doing something wrong. Works fine with usb on, during startup it shows that it’s loading the 2015vv.KSC, for some reason without the usb it won’t work.
samk323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what it gives me without the usb. “The following KSC files could not be found: 2015vv.KSC
KingKronos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I'm assuming all your Middle Eastern instruments were made by you from samples you made yourself).*

It looks like your file associations are mismatched or pointing to the wrong place, or else the required files or samples are just missing. I would start all over again. Try this:

Erase the ksc and any other files you copied onto his kronos. That also means deleting the ksc from the ksc auto load page. Also delete (initialize) any programs or banks you may have put on there. Reboot Kronos and make sure you can't access any of the old programs.

Now this time, copy all the files from your usb onto his Kronos. Remove the usb stick.

Then on his Kronos, go to disk mode and find the files you copied. Re-install the programs and ksc's using the files on his Kronos now. Find the programs or banks you want and load them. When you try to play a program and it says "Samples not found", use the upper right drop down menu and "load required files".

If his Kronos cannot find the required samples, then you must find the samples and copy them to his ssd (again, remove your usb stick after you copy the files, to make sure you don't accidentally have his new programs point to your usb stick). Then try again to load required samples. If you are successful, then finally at this point do a Save All on his Kronos.

* Keep in mind, if you bought a 3rd party expansion, you *cannot* just load your authorized samples onto a usb stick then put them on another Kronos. That is why you must enter an authorization code into your Kronos -- the samples will only work with your identified hardware. This is to prevent piracy of 3rd party expansions.
samk323

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your help! I figured out the issue, the main problem was the preload.ksc folder missing in the ksc auto load in global. My kronos had that, his was missing. So I went to some of the folders, found the preload.ksc and added it to ksc auto load and it started working. Appreciate all your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: