Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big MIDI issue: Sequencer always transmits on Ch. 1 !!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle_Buzzy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject: Big MIDI issue: Sequencer always transmits on Ch. 1 !! Reply with quote

Looks like I might send this Opsix back!

I have tried this with two different machines, using MIDI DIN OUT, and it seems a fact:

If there is data recorded in the sequencer, this data is transmitted on Channel 1 regardless of the GLOBAL setting.

The sequencer does not, in fact, transmit on the global channel. While I can see how this might be a useful feature, I have no desire to change all of my arrangements that already use Channel 1 as the bass synth.

There is no mention of this in the manual - nor can I find any relevant controls to switch the sequencer channel. It seems definitely a major oversight by Korg!

Dunno if links will work here, but this is the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3nOueQz4ak

Any help is much appreciated.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
edgraaff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some way I can understand this is not getting a high priority for a fix. Its main purpose is to generate sounds, not a sequencer. Yes, there is one built in, but tbh I don't take it very seriously. There are master keyboards and separate MIDI sequencers/loopers/software that do a much much better job at that.
In my setup I only feed the IN port from an external keyboard and to sync the clock. But I have no plans on using the OUT port for any reason so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: