Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble downloading new Kross 2 sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Copingbucket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject: Trouble downloading new Kross 2 sounds Reply with quote

Hi, idiot newbie question - I have downloaded option library new sounds from the Korg website - OASYS piano, etc and then loses these into my Kross 2 but then I cannot find where they are stored. It saves they are saved to internal memory but I don’t get to chose where they will be saved.

I’ve tried a few times and I’ve even started again from scratch and downloading the update againy. I note that this is a .KEP file on my computer by .PCG when downloaded to Kross. I saved and loaded and saved to internal memory but now what? Thanks for any help.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Trouble downloading new Kross 2 sounds Reply with quote

Copingbucket wrote:
Hi, idiot newbie question - I have downloaded option library new sounds from the Korg website - OASYS piano, etc and then loses these into my Kross 2 but then I cannot find where they are stored. It saves they are saved to internal memory but I don’t get to chose where they will be saved.

I’ve tried a few times and I’ve even started again from scratch and downloading the update againy. I note that this is a .KEP file on my computer by .PCG when downloaded to Kross. I saved and loaded and saved to internal memory but now what? Thanks for any help.

Check the User bank. According to the manual (Page 2Cool, the additional programs loaded should be in the User section after you load them in. There are an additional 512 program locations available in the user section and that seems to be where Korg has allocated where the extra sound banks will go.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Copingbucket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: First place I tried Reply with quote

I already tried the user bank but every section just still says ‘InitProg’ and is a standard piano sound.
Copingbucket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Any other suggestions? Reply with quote

Any other suggestion?
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Any other suggestions? Reply with quote

Copingbucket wrote:
Any other suggestion?

Have you updated the OS on the Kross 2? According to Korg's website, they recommend that you update the Kross 2.

The page also talks about different versions of the Kross 2 already having the new sounds in them (Kross SE and Kross 2-MB).

You have not specified if your Kross 2 is new or is the original release.

Please refer to this link to get more information:

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0913/

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Copingbucket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Updated Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, I have updated the software and I only have the standard Kross 2 61 key version.

I’m going to go back to the beginning once more and try for the last time.

I would quite like to purchase more sounds but am quite nervous now as I do t want to spend a load of money and find I can’t upload.

Thanks for your help.
Copingbucket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Tried again Reply with quote

It’s weird. I update the software and then I download EXPCM002 to my SD card.

When I save and load these to the Kross if I tab right with the arrow key it takes me to all the banks and the various programmes but these are all the programmes currently in the Kross!!

What am I doing wrong? Am I somehow saving the current Kross data to the SD Card and then just uploading all the original stuff. Argh! Didn’t think I was a technophobe but I don’t know what is going on?!?
Copingbucket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: I’ve worked it out Reply with quote

When you save the files to the SD card you have to save them into the data folder of the Kross programme.

Maybe I must be a bit daft but if the guide said ‘save to the data file...’. Rather than just ‘save to the SD card’ I might have got it first time.

Oh well

Judging from FB I’m not the first person to have had this issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: