Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M1 PCB Transformer TYA 024 anyone know replacement ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMBSTUDIO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Korg M1 PCB Transformer TYA 024 anyone know replacement ? Reply with quote

Korg M1 PCB Transformer TYA 024 anyone know replacement ?
Please share the link.
Same transformer on DX7II.
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject: Korg M1 PCB Transformer TYA 024 Reply with quote

Hi DMBSTUDIO,

what made you think that the transformer needs to be replaced? I'm not saying this can't be possible, but I never heard of a defective transformer on one of these synths PSU's...

I have a M1 as well as a DX7II-D and already serviced their switching PSU's some time ago - the faulty parts so far have always been electrolytic capacitors - but your mileage may vary of course.

I don't think that this transformer is still available as a spare part nowadays - maybe another 'broken' PSU from a M1 or DX7II can be used as a donor for parts like the transformer...?

Regards,
the_crimson_thunder
Jonathon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:43 am    Post subject: ATX power supply Reply with quote

I found my M1 leaning against the wall , message red,, STILL WORKS ON MIDI 10.. took me 2-3 years to convert it to 12 volt for my mobile , wot a lot of learning , answer to power is 1/ many old dvd players have a suitable mains power card inside ,10 5 years ago I could find one a week ,or 2/ the discovery for 12v , was in computer ATX POWER SUPPLYS ,these are 10 x 5 cm insize and can deliver 60 to 600 watts ( u have to puzzel when you see what they can replace ,size of a small loaf ) £8 to £18 the 140 or 160 watt should do it .I 've had 6 or more cos I keep experimenting with them to burst , the rest is DIY , if your power card is humming ,put silicon around the components to stop them vibrating , by the way you need 1 to 2 amps of 5 volt and 120 preferably 180 mA of DUEL 12 volt supply that is also stated as plus minus 12 volts its uncommon, tho sound uses it all the time for it's ossilation , a bit like AC mains
I have just got a new one , plus 2 x duel micro cards to try and boost my M1.
RGEEK 150W 24Pin 12V DC / & / +- 5V 6V 9V 12V 15V 24V Positive & Negative Dual Output power supply / , both @ aliexpress Jon,,,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: