Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reverse engineering the firmware
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
Korg doesn't really listen .. You get what you buy. If you want a company that listens go to Moog. I suggested a feature for the Sub 37 and was pleasently surprised with a test OS upgrade the same day.

I can't agree here at all. I'm sure some companies are better, but we've gotten at least user sample banks and a leslie upgrade for the Kronos, both of which are traceable to requests made on this forum. Them listening is something else than implementing everything we want, however.
maranite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

castorex wrote:
tomtomheaven wrote:
and if we feel that someone could use our work in a bad way, we just have to stop what we do...(for example, I've not released kromatool, because many people wanted it only to sell samples...piracy is not what I want)

I am surprised to read a new explanation, the first one was about a man that hacked your tool to propose a fake... for the buzz. And you said that you will not release other Krome/Kross tool until this situation exists.
I have seen the facebook page of this man, and that's ridiculous... and I did not understand your strange reaction at time. Your work was serious, his fake and unusable copy was a joke.
Now I read your brand new explanations and i am very confused.
I don't see the relation between selling sample banks and piracy ???
If some people sell some copyright samples... they will have some problems for sure.
Perhaps many people would be happy to buy or create by themselves new samples for their instrument.
But this is your work, you can decide what you want and give explanations you want... naturally. I propose you write this explanation in your Kromeheaven site which gives the previous one... and I am afraid that your fans will continue to wait for a long time Wink

Yes... I too was annoyed that Cyph kept Kromatool closed-source, but I believe Cyph was really just trying to encourage community participation. .. I.e. "don't just take my software, contribute your samples and instruments so that we can all benefit."

..and this is a principal that I embrace too.... we've all already paid for these boards, and now we should seek to help fellow customers get the maximum benefit for their purchases... which means encouraging people to pitch in.
Kromeheaven
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

castorex wrote:
tomtomheaven wrote:
and if we feel that someone could use our work in a bad way, we just have to stop what we do...(for example, I've not released kromatool, because many people wanted it only to sell samples...piracy is not what I want)

I am surprised to read a new explanation, the first one was about a man that hacked your tool to propose a fake... for the buzz. And you said that you will not release other Krome/Kross tool until this situation exists.
I have seen the facebook page of this man, and that's ridiculous... and I did not understand your strange reaction at time. Your work was serious, his fake and unusable copy was a joke.
If some people sell some copyright samples... they will have some problems for sure.
Perhaps many people would be happy to buy or create by themselves new samples for their instrument.
But this is your work, you can decide what you want and give explanations you want... naturally. I propose you write this explanation in your Kromeheaven site which gives the previous one... and I am afraid that your fans will continue to wait for a long time Wink

Again, it's not a new explanation, it is a supplementary information :

1) Few months ago, when kromatool first version was released, few people decided to make benefits with it, selling samples bank made with kromatool.
I warn everybody that it was not the purpose, I was angry.

2) Few week ago, a man called "Criss" has stolen & directly used my source code on a new tool making the whole community think it was its own tool. I was more angry.

So double piracy : 1) piracy /sell of samples generated with my tool, 2) piracy of my own sources.

Enough for you ?

Ps: Both explanation are availables on my site.

http://www.korgnautilus.com
http://www.kromeheaven.com

Last edited by Kromeheaven on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kromeheaven
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maranite wrote:
but I believe Cyph was really just trying to encourage community participation. .. I.e. "don't just take my software, contribute your samples and instruments so that we can all benefit.

You are right...but, I think that everybody can not understand this state of mind !

Newstyl3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kromeheaven wrote:
castorex wrote:
tomtomheaven wrote:

Again, it's not a new explanation, it is a supplementary information :

1) Few months ago, when kromatool first version was released, few people decided to make benefits with it, selling samples bank made with kromatool.
I warn everybody that it was not the purpose, I was angry.

2) Few week ago, a man called "Criss" has stolen & directly used my source code on a new tool making the whole community think it was its own tool. I was more angry.

So double piracy : 1) piracy /sell of samples generated with my tool, 2) piracy of my own sources.

Enough for you ?

Ps: Both explanation are availables on my site.

Hi, i'm the famous Criss, i'm an student of informatic engineering from Argentina. The same that you insulted on your website and Facebook... First of all i'll let this clear.. i don't stole any piece of your source code of Kromatool.. I did my own job for months studying how works the samples on Krome and Kross.. i did my own libraries to apply to my own soft.. so stop to saying people i'm a liar and all that s**t you say.
I did my work and is working.
A lot of people today can use their own sample pack on his kross a krome.. I never want to start a fight against you...
as you see nobody is selling sample packs, the uniques who is doing this is the people of import music.
as sample, i'll gonna let attached two sample pack for kross and krome generated by my tool. Share it on your website or your FB page if you wish, i'm really tired of this trouble you made. i hope you can rethink and let all your thinking to a side to do a better comunity for Kross/Krome owners..

KROSS PACK: [url]https://mega.co.nz/#!tEYnQJID!UTOY5frrQo91Qdu6kirsexq-WWejEc56rzsrPi1tAWs[/url]
KROME PACK: [url]https://mega.co.nz/#!tVxGhSpQ!ddHpHbX1V7bRguBnmQ3G9Js43v-ljZthHl-dwbuvE0w[/url]

Now returning to the theme, your work maranite is really brilliant.
Kromeheaven
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well, well...no war, but truth :

I don't want to offense you again, but yes your a liar, and yes you've stolen my code.
You should better recognize it now, because I think you need some help Wink

Here are the proof (because as a student, you made many error showing "your" work to everybody...too happy, maybe...)

Original Kromatool

"Your" copied work

Well, first, as you can see, the class name, invented by me were purely and simply copied...MetaFileHeader, Multisample, MultisampleDescription...were given during my reverse engineering work...even the code behind is copied. (I've more proof...for future)

Futhermore, I made a mistake during my work, I called 2 functions : GetKeyDown and GetKeyUp...in fact, in KORG format, we should say : GetOriginalKey and GetTopKey.

So, how could you explain that you made the same error. No, you cannot, because you build your tool on my code.

It's not necessary to compile your code behind a compressed executable file in order to hide your work on my code...I can decompressed, dissamble, and show what is behind.

It's not insults from me, if you respect other's work, you gain respect...if not, you get what you deserve.

So if you want a better world for krome and kross community, you should indicate in your tool that you've copied my code then probably modify it...(say 'Original code (c) Cyph from kromeheaven.com' in it Wink )

More proof to come, if you insist...no more if you recognize that what you've done is bad and give credits to the right people.

...and yes Maranite is a great reverse engineer.

Ps : In KS tool, you should prevent from writing too big files...because you will crash Krome and Kross synth...Korg will be unhappy to see that...

Regards,
Cyph

Newstyl3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha That image you post is so old, i redone all, 'cause that first tool was bad. (the name of your pics makes me laugh)
I know that GetKeyDown and GetKeyUp is Original and TopKey.. i read some Documentation of KMP and KSC to apply in my tool.
To prevent big files I limited the maximum size for Krome, is a little less than 32 MB or 33554432 bytes and for Kross is the half.
Im not insulting you and i don't want to start a fight 'cause we don't won nothing, is just a waste of time.

PD: i use a compressed executable file 'cause other way the API i'm using under Windows doesn't work.

Here you got some new pics of my work, i try to add something new every day and fix bugs.

Kronos Tango Library -Import Music- loaded and Item count shell (with this frame you can knew what's the real size of the Korg Collection)

Kross Sample Pack made by Pedro Espinosa loaded:

File Menu -Convert process-:

Krome Sample Pack made by Carlos Belmonte:

my KMP source code:

Kromeheaven
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok if you insist :

When in your code you write/read Multisample :

Why to you use this name ReadMutlisampleInfo ? (I also made a mistake...I wanted to say ReadMultisamplePart but you strangely give the same mistaken name ReadMultisampleInfo with the same number of argument for the same reading method) ?

Original :

Your same/copied call :

When you invent something, there are plenty of mean to do it...when you copy something you get the same things from the original, with mistakes and original algorithms.

For your exe compilation : It's another BIG joke and probably a Bigger scam.
I hope the reason is only to hide the fact that you use my code in this tool and not another thing...I can prove more things if you continue to lie to the community.

Visibly, the write method is better with Cfile...(I just use some personnal tool to monitor your execution...) but it's C++ LIKE makeoptionpcm...and other Korg format tools that can be found on the internet...

Once again, you should better add my name on your tool, if you want internal peace...

Ok, as it is not the topic from Marinite...can you stop annoying us here? Here we are serious people that do not take other's work claiming that it has been redone.

I can be easily contacted if you want an explanation on why you get trapped on this...and if you want to find a solution...

You are right on 1 thing...YOU have nothing to win...but I've to win the fact that you really use my work without agreement and making everybody think it's your...such bad attitude should be banned from the scene.

castorex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious people do not ask for donation and, some time after, stop their work because they discover the reality of life... given funny explanations.
I can still see a donation link on the kromatool page... strange ? You don't want people make money with your tool, but you accept that people pay for nothing Wink
Kromeheaven
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For nothing? No, it's false. Be factual.

Kromatool 0.3.1 is out for everybody...
...and has been copied in Kstool without any agreement and without any credits. It's just a single problem that can be solved...without you.

Castorex, Jester38,... (Nevermind, we can recognize you everywhere...) poor of you, your provocation are still so childish...can you stand back a little bit more and count how many free sound pack are availables on Kromeheaven website ? I think that if you ever created something in mathematics...it should be 1+1 maybe? So, make speak your skills...

Newstyl3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look Cyph,, i don't know what you wants from me... i don't do anything to be all the time threatened by you.
I know who i'm, even you don't know me to speak a lot of shits of me... who you are to say who can be part of this scene or not?..
A friend of mine send me a pic where you say are doing reverse engineering on KSTool.
Do what you wants i don't care. i'll keep working to do a better soft..
i can't understand how i can copy your tool when the only thing can do is take RAW audio files and merge into a single file.. many of the address in the waveform header are bad..
I did my job and i know works with bad things and good.
You talk about piracy. since when take a sample pack do it by me and do a convertion is piracy?. i'm not selling anything here but you are asking a donation on your web to share a new pack??... that's my friend is a sell.
So stop say things about me, the only thing you are winning here is be ridiculous.
Kind Regards!.

Mohnish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:20 am    Post subject: "Read a system from SD Card and Run the system" ER Reply with quote

Hi,
I have Korg Krome 61, and it gives me an error message on start up "Read a system from SD Card and Run the system"
"Loading application Failed .....".
Please help me fix this. Tried flashing the image files on the forum with new class 10 micro sd 16gb card. Tried initialising by pressing and holding exit and page key together while turning it on meanwhile SD card was in with KROME folder in it which has the OS update. I wonder if the OS update is the whole software the krome uses to run. Please Help, thank you!
Thank you.
Mohnish Grover
+91 97820 66926
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: