Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH3 Keybed experience

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfgang T.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: RH3 Keybed experience Reply with quote

AS I already have problems with creaky keys on my Korg SV2 after a few months, I would like to ask other users in this forum what experiences they have with the RH3 keybed?

For information: The Korg Kronos has the same RH3 keyboard as the Korg SV1 and SV2)

See also following video Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/423401834377035/permalink/4136029673114214/
Docflick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned a Kronos 2 88 for more than three years – as well as a 73 SE for nearly a year – and had no issues whatsoever with the RH3 action on either. Certainly nothing "creaky."

Though both the Kronos and the SV use the RH3, perhaps the Kronos' chassis or assembly make it feel or behave differently on the Kronos than the SV. Those who have have owned or played both might be able to shed some light on this question ...
Current: Kronos 61 Titanium, Yamaha Montage 6, Roland Fantom, Dexibell Vivo S7 Pro, MPC Live II; Previous: Kronos 73 SE and 2 88, Yamaha Motif 6, XF, EX5, SY77, DX7 (x2), CP33, Roland JP-50, Alesis QS8
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: RH3 Keybed experience Reply with quote

Wolfgang T. wrote:
AS I already have problems with creaky keys on my Korg SV2 after a few months, I would like to ask other users in this forum what experiences they have with the RH3 keybed?

For information: The Korg Kronos has the same RH3 keyboard as the Korg SV1 and SV2)

See also following video Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/423401834377035/permalink/4136029673114214/

10 yr RH3/88 owner here.

SV2 is a new product- I would not hesitate to bring it to Korg service/your retailer/disti to fix the bad keys or key bed.

it won't go away or solve itself.

" a few months " is not a long time. You should swap it out for a new SV2
Wolfgang T.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: What ist your experience Mr. GregC Reply with quote

THX for your reply and advice Mr. GregC, but what is your experience with the RH3 keybed ?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What ist your experience Mr. GregC Reply with quote

Wolfgang T. wrote:
THX for your reply and advice Mr. GregC, but what is your experience with the RH3 keybed ?

its 99% perfect, consistent, very slight key noise.

thats what you should expect from your new-ish SV2, over many years.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Wolfgang T,

I have played and regulated/worked on quite a few actions on acoustic and digital keyboard instruments and I can tell you the Kronos RH3 88 is a very solid and reliable action. Little noises like you show in your video can happen after a while but are of no serious consequence. Of course, if your unit is still under warranty, you could ask for keys to be fixed.

Mine is now four and a half years old and doing very well. A few noises like you have but this is inevitable as I play classical piano several hours daily on it and also lots of other demanding progressive stuff (from composers like Emerson, Moraz, Jobson, etc.).

I never get tired playing the RH3 action, because the keys stop gently (it is infinitely better than all Fatar actions in this particular aspect). So no danger of harming fingers or hands at all. I also find this action the perfect compromise to equally play piano, organ and synth sounds effortlessly at any speed. Repetition is also excellent, it is simply a matter of adapting to the touch, just as on any other keyboard instrument.
Wolfgang T.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject: THX Reply with quote

Hello KK, thank you for your detailed experience report! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: