Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NTS-1 sync out click bleeding into audio out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mardem1976

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:50 am    Post subject: NTS-1 sync out click bleeding into audio out? Reply with quote

So I got my NTS-1 yesterday and I've noticed a strange and annoying issue.

The sync out port outputs a click every 2 beats (by default). You can hear this clearly by putting a pair of headphones into that port. It turns out, I can hear this click - low, but audible - through the headphone jack with the normal audio output. Now that I've heard it, it's pretty annoying. I can even hear it through the on board speaker if no headphones are plugged in.

I tried looking around for a solution but I couldn't find anyone else that has that problem. There's also no way to deactivate that click, or turn off sync out.

Just to see what would happen, I put another set of headphones into the sync out port. As soon as the plug was put into the sync out port, the click stopped in my headphones.

Is this a known issue, or do I have a faulty board? I suppose I can just keep a spare plug in that port, but I'd rather not keep the unit if it's faulty. Thanks for your help.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Let's see if someone reacts... I don't have a NTS-1.
But I would think your board is not faulty. It is probably just cross-talk. The design could have been done more careful to avoid that, but it is what it is.
Something similar has been reported before on volcas.

www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=88538

Bye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: