Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My baby arrived today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hans1966

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:37 am    Post subject: My baby arrived today Reply with quote

Hello Guys, I want to share my joy with you.

After many years when I had the 01w / fd synthesizer, today I have another Korg again, and this time the Kross 2.

Yes, I know the Nautilus is much better keyboard, but my budget is not enough for the new flagship.

So I'm going to need your help to be able to set it up with my current arranger.
I am going to buy a 32 GB SDHC memory, to be able to save all my configurations, sequences, and samples.

Next I share the photo of my new baby.
Regards

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y1kobxfTzFFIHSRk2LukUZCINM85nP8g/view?usp=sharing

I choose the Peace of God!
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Remember that the Kross can also save your work as a .WAV file, which you can then transcode to .MP3 or .OGG or whatever on your computer. That 32GB card can be a great way of backing your work up away from the workstation.
hans1966

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Koekepan, thank you very much for your advice.

the truth is, this machine is impressive, and I'm really enjoying it.

on the other hand I would like to know where I can get some samples of programs and combinations of the legendary 01W / fd to load them in my Kross.

I appreciate the help and guidance you can give me in this regard.
Regards.

Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Others may have other ideas - Kromeheaven links to a few Kross packs. But KORG themselves have some sounds to download. Did you grab any of that?
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good friend of mine finally got the Kross 2-88 a few weeks ago. We tried to get her a Kross 1-88 a number of times, but they kept having issues and she needed to return them. She finally decided to get the Kross 2-88. She brought it over to me so I could program it a bit one afternoon.

My initial impressions of the piano sounds on the Kross 2-88 were underwhelming. I was looking at it from the standpoint of a Kross 1-88 owner (4 of them, actually) and someone who programs his own sounds, including the main piano sounds I use live.

After a bit of tweaking on a couple of the piano sounds on the Kross 2-88, we were both happy. I only spent a few minutes with her Kross 2, so I know that I would have gotten even better results if I spent more time with it.

While this may sound negative, it is acutally positive, because it means that you have a lot of programmability in the Kross 2.

I would recommend grabbing the OASYS piano sounds and see how they sound. Based on what I know about the OASYS, they would be pretty good on the Kross 2.

There are other sound packs as well for the Kross 2 if you do a bit of searching on the Interwebs and on Korg's site.

Congrats on your purchase and I hope that you get a lot of mileage from the K2 Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
hans1966

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Koekepan and Harry, thank you very much for your comments.

If I downloaded the OASYS kit for my Kross 2, I was testing each sound and I must say they sound great.

I'm going to follow your advice, in order to get specific sounds and combinations from the 01W / fd.
A hug!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: