Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D888

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevemullins63@icloud.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: D888 Reply with quote

I left the "tape" roll and got several takes of a song totaling about 26 minutes of recording time. now when I go to mix down the good take it always starts a ZERO and not at the 22 minute point where the good take is. How do I loose all the previous recording and start at the 22 minute point?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest way might be to master the entire 26 minutes, and then transfer the master to a PC, and use something like Audacity to remove the early takes, up to the 22 minute mark.

Alternatively, use the Track Copy function. This will require spare destination tracks to be available. Two tracks can be copied at the same time. Specify the In and Out points as the start and end of the wanted material to be copied, then specify the To (destination point) to the beginning of the destination track(s). Repeat until all desired tracks have been copied. If there are more than 4 tracks in the original recordings, tracks will need to be deleted after each copy, to make room for the new copies. Keep a cool head, and perform the operations carefully, to avoid losing wanted material.

stevemullins63@icloud.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up...I'll try the PC first
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: