Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ES2 - Uneven Pads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
syntonica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject: ES2 - Uneven Pads Reply with quote

I have a fairly new ES2 that I love, except that the pads play unevenly. They are not sunken, or anything like that. The left-hand group of 8 are perfect while the right-hand group of 8 are stiffer and more difficult to play. I thought that they would just loosen up over time, but sadly, no amount of playing and gentle wiggling to loosen them up a bit has helped. I am past my warranty period at this point as my attention was focused on more important personal matters.

Do these pad modules just have different tolerances, or it possible that this one was installed just a tad bit off, making it difficult to play?

I am not wont to open it up until I know I may be able to do something to help the issue. If I can possibly fix it, is there a take-apart pictorial out there somewhere? I'm always afraid of delicate, hidden ribbon cables getting damaged by my ham fists.

Thanks!
syntonica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody? Sad

How about just a take apart guide so I'm not entering blind. It looks like I just need to pop the top off to see what the pad module is up to.
gramafofinha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I guess that by now you already tried it.

But if not.

The E2S' pads are a single-piece thing. I opened mine since one of the pads was really bad, but mine is secondhand and quite old.

The pads were very very dirty. They are built in a way that they can really accumulate a lot of dirty. And since you mentioned they aren't sunken, it's kinda hard to believe they would be a tad off since they need to be very well positioned and they have holes for pins that will kinda hold them on the place. But can happens, who knows.

Regarding the delicate ribbon cables. They are there but not hidden. I would say that disassembling it would be an easy to medium level. You'll be able to see all the ribbon cables right away (there are like 3 or 4).

Also, there are no hidden clips holding the thing or none of that. Just remove the screws and you're ready to go. Take a picture of the cables and their position so you can link them after cleaning the pads and the circuitry (I'm not sure if you're used to that, but if not, just google around about what to use to clean the pads' circuitry. English isn't my first language and I'll not risk saying names of products that can damage your E2S).

That said, just keep in mind it's assembled in a way that you'll need to disassemble everything to reach the pads.

When putting it back together, you'll see some white circles on the circuit board where some of the screws would be. The white-circled ones are the ones you should screw. All the other ones you'll be screwed when you close the E2S.

Hope it helps if you need any.
syntonica

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I actually haven't touched it yet.

So, if I understand you correctly, the whole pad assembly is one set of 16 and not 2 sets of 8? If this is the case, then there's probably nothing to be gained by opening it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: