Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My R3 is malfunctioning and i require some assistance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nvoidx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: My R3 is malfunctioning and i require some assistance Reply with quote

Hi guys

I'm new here. have a bit of a problem. basically the main page select knob on my R3 has stopped functioning and so i can no longer get access to any of the menus aside from occasionally the second page (the Voice page). When i turn the knob it basically kinda just glitches. Its all very very depressing. All other knobs seem to function fine. Anyway. Short of taking it to get repaired i am attempting to operate the R3 menus with the software. So i have a few questions about using the software.

1:

I don't seem to be able to set the MIDI channel via the software. I can see the section under Global - Global Channel. It is by default set 1 however it is greyed out and i am unable to change it. Very frustrating. Any thoughts ?

2:

I've got the R3 hooked up to my PC using Midi In/Out connected to my M-Audio interface. I tried to use the USB cable however it didn't seem to work. Should i be able to use the USB cable connection to operate the R3 via the software editor ? I'm assuming I'm doing something dumb. i downloaded and installed the driver and still no luck. not sure i have done this correctly.

Any help greatly appreciated. I have more questions but these are initially the most important
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

1. I think this is indeed a limitation of the R3 and related boards. On my mkXL (also MMT engine) it is also not possible to change the global midi channel using the editor. It is even not possible to change one global parameter in realtime. You need to write them all at once.
2. Yes the editor will work via the USB cable as well if the driver is properly installed. Have also a look at my earlier post concerning the driver here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123720. It is for another device, but the USB driver is universal for the Korg products. So principles and limitations apply for the R3 as well.

Bye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: