Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange "phantom" noises ? ? ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muzart1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Strange "phantom" noises ? ? ? Reply with quote

When I hold the sustain pedal to sustain a chord on any combination or program (...Piano/strings, for instance), or just hold a chord down, I get a strange arpeggiated figure being played seconds later. This occurs on most programs choices, in all banks, and most combination banks.

It's as if some common arpeggiation motif has been globally applied to all combinations and programs. I"ve tried a factory reset, but that doesn't remove the ghostly, faint motif that sounds seconds later.

With single instruments (like violin, cello, bass, etc.)... I get a weird sort of "smear" or quick arpeggio effect immediately when the note is pressed on the keyboard.

Any idea how to remove this effect globally?
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a Korg pedal??
Muzart1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem to matter whether a pedal is plugged in or not. I still get the sound.

I've done a factory reset and reinstalled the preload data. Still get the weird sound. It's actually a repeat of any held note, then a minor third down, then the original note repeated again. When a single instrument is chosen (i.e. a violin) and a note is pressed, I get the sounded note, followed by an immediate arpeggiated scale upward...at a quick tempo...like a smear of some sort.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrecting this thread to confirm that yes, these low-level phantom sounds can crop up from time to time. It's weird. But I was able to get rid of them by turning the Arpeggiator velocity knob down (even if the Arpeggiator button is off).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: