Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound cutting out problem when playing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmic19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Sound cutting out problem when playing Reply with quote

Hi All

I have a 76 KO. I wanted to know if anyone has come across this problem and if they've been able to solve it

Basically when I power up and press Program and then start playing for eg the piano sound , The Volume light on the Master Fader lowers to almost bottom. Cutting out the sound almost This happens in comb mode too. So what i have to do is then turn the jog wheel to next program and back on the piano again and start playing and the same thing occurs a few times i have to keep doing this. This could happen on any other program in any bank. then after a while it seems to be okay. I've lived with this problem for many years as i don't gig with this board. It's just more of a real annoyance now as it does happen a lot.

Apart from this I had a few sticky buttons which were not working properly and needed constant presses to light up and one key was not sounding. So I opened it up and basically I opened up the KO and literally took it apart PCB by PCB. i cleaned it all out very carefully getting rid of the dust and other particles that shouldn't be in there. I checked every single connector on there and made sure it was connected correctly and not lose.

Long story short. I fixed the Key that was not sounding and I managed to fix all the buttons except for the Disk button. Which i believe i just need to buy a new tact switch button.

So after all this, I still have the sound cutting out problem. everything else works fine but this one big problem. Any suggestions please on knowing what this problem is and how i can fix it,

Much appreciated,

C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: