Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panic button or "all notes off"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooterboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,
thanks again for your thoughts.
So....
I am not using a sequencer. I only play live on this board. I occasionally use the arpeggiator, but the random sustaining happens when that is not happening. (prob because I rarely use it)
Re the physicality of the board, this is a possibility. To fill you in - It has happened on both an Ultimate Apex stand and a table top. But, it is possible that the heating of some electronics is affecting it (but no one seems to know HOW)
It happens to random notes on random programs / combis at random times. I bought the board 2nd hand, but have gigged it heavily for the past few years. It is housed and gigged in non-smoking environments. No liquids have been spilled into it that I am aware of. I am assuming that the repair tech that i took it to would have tightened any loose screws, and the problem continues to happen.
Thanks again,
Scooterboy
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That "I dunno" from the tech means 1 of 2 or three things.

1 - need a new tech - if you have the luxury of having another tech shop close by, try taking it to them.

2 - price a new keybed - since the keyboard is second hand and you don't know ALL it's history, you might want to look at the cost of replacing the entire keybed. Should be less than option 3

3 - price a new extreme - they'll be on the market when Kronos hits - you might find a bargain.

As a stop-gap look at using a controller board - some in the 150-200 range are really pretty nice. And this would clue you in as to whether the keybed is at fault (most likely cause) or it's something ROM/OS/Electronics related.

----------------------

Loyalty to your gear is a commendable thing, but you have to be realistic regarding the amount of time or money you're willing to throw at this problem.

Not being a sequence user, and only rarely an arp user, you might be better off with an LE or other model keyboard w/o workstation bells and whistles.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
scooterboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Bill,
actually, you just reminded me that it when the problem occurs, it also happens when receiving note on/off from a controller kbd, so that is unfortunately not an option. (I can't recall if I tried the opposite - using the Extreme as a controller when the problem happens) And I guess that rules out the keybed issue. Interestingly, i also have an M3 88, and it tends to sometimes get confused on notes off when i do a big gliss with the sustain pedal down...
But on the Extreme, it is simply when playing any notes, after the problem has begun...
As for replacing the Extreme, I may do that because of the outrageous number of waveforms that it has - I love them! But I'm reluctant to reward Korg's disappointing support by giving them more money or promoting their gear any more...
cheers,
scooterboy
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO! I think i just repaired that problem! I remember seeing this among other threads about this issue. And I think I can finally say i found a solution...

A guy called me today saying his triton was sustaining notes randomly and it wont stop even when no pedal is plugged in, i almost turned him away saying that theres no known fix for that. But... I had a hunch and took it in my shop (err... room)

I remember my old triton proX, the outputs would get crackly out of nowhere, needless to say this made me a sad guy! so i took it apart to find that gravity took its toll on the output jack, and simply needed a little re soldering. This seems to be the issue with the sustain pedal too. Gravity has taken its toll.
I found a tiny foot that came VERY SLIGHTLY un soldered. so small i had to hold a magnifying glass to confirm there was a cut in the solder connection.
re soldered it, wala! no more hanging notes.

I then watched super closely as i laid it on a table flat, and tapped on the table (as if i was playing) and the connection did move a little each time, wich is why it happens randomly. Im gonna go ahead and copy and paste this into some other threads, and then start a new thread with the solution. stay tuned, but assuming you all had the same symptoms. i think i can say i solved the problem.

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
deepak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject: stuck notes Reply with quote

Has anyone found a solution to this other than power off and on? Changing modes does not help.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A possible problem and fix, according to the last post from 2011, is to check the soldering on the damper pedal jack and to resolder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: