Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

saving user songs to USB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geobee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject: saving user songs to USB Reply with quote

Hi all, trying to save my user songs to USB drive, but I can only get it to save as a Midi file, not wave or mp3. Surely this can be possible to do, as I tried converting the midi files to mp3 on my laptop and they sound horrible.; Any help would be great.
MarekBujko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: saving user songs to USB Reply with quote

geobee wrote:
Hi all, trying to save my user songs to USB drive, but I can only get it to save as a Midi file, not wave or mp3. Surely this can be possible to do, as I tried converting the midi files to mp3 on my laptop and they sound horrible.; Any help would be great.

Hello,
Korg EK-50 export MIDI SMF 0 only.
You converted MIDI on Windows with integrated Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth engine but MIDI are not sounds.
MIDI are DATA / instructions how device play recorded sequence.
Recorded MIDI from EK-50 will play differently on another device because devices have different PCM engine (yeah MIDI standard, Yamaha MSB are mess) but will still remain same on devices with same PCM engine (Korg EK-50 / PA-50/60/80 / microArranger / maybe Liverpool and PA1x).
If you want record audio, you need 2x 1/4" LINE to USB cable or 2x 1/4" LINE directly to audio recorder. For example "Behringer LINE 2 USB" cable is cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: