Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Poor M50

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfie1_0

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: This Poor M50 Reply with quote

I see this forum seems to be kinda dead, but I though I'd post here in hopes someone might be able to help me. I'm fixing a Korg M50 88 key workstation for a friend. It had the common freezing/failing to boot issue that seems to be so common (it's easily reparable it seems, failed BGA connections under the two main chips on the main board) but unfortunately while it was failing to boot it seems to have corrupted itself. when I got it booting it was showing "application loading failed" found a suggestion to use the reset controls and realtime control buttons to reset it, didn't work.then I found the key sequence to format the internal storage, which changed the error to "Loading os failed", but I am able to connect it to a Mac and bring up the internal storage through usb mode. But its blank... I've seen old posts on other forums talking about coping the files off a good M50 and just dropping them inplace on the non-working one, but i cant find a copy of the files. (https://fr.audiofanzine.com/workstation/korg/M50-61/forums/t.633664,loading-failed-os.html)

I was hoping some amazing individual on these forums might be able to grab them off their m50 and perhaps send them my way.

Thanks very much for reading
Alp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post.
Yeah, I know you made it 2 years ago, but I read it today...

How you managed this might be of interest to others.

I have no idea how to access the inner workings of the m50 like you have done. Perhaps if you explained, others could help you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: